Online registration for 2019 admission to PG Diploma in Airport Operations at RGNAU
The Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University (RGNAU) is inviting applications from eligible candidates for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Airport Operations. As per NDTV, the program is in collaboration with GMR Aviation Academy includes twelve months classroom training at the University campus, situated at Fursantganj Airfield, Amethi, Uttar Pradesh and six months internship at GMR Airports. The total number of seats is 60. The University provides reservation for SC/ST/ OBC/Economically Weaker Sections (amongst General category) and Person with Disability (PwD) candidates for this course as per Government of India rules, noted the report.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in graduation
- RGNAU will select candidates on the basis of entrance examination
- The examination will be held on June 9
- ‘A minimum of 40 percentile would be the cut-off criteria for the candidates to be considered for next level of screening i.e. Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview, as decided by the University
- Online registration for the program will begin on April 15
- Candidates can apply on or before May 15
The RGNAU has been set up by an Act of Parliament called the Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University Act, 2013 at Fursatganj Raebareli, Dist. Amethi, Uttar Pradesh. The university has been envisaged as the premier institution of higher learning within the aviation milieu aimed at providing cutting edge and critical research to enhance the aviation industry in India. The Act of Parliament empowers the university to award Diploma, Degree, and Post Graduate Degrees in the field of civil aviation. At the same time collaborations with the leading international universities/ institutions in the aviation domain, are being forged towards proffering global knowledge that is customized to local requirements.
- To facilitate and promote aviation studies, teaching, training, research and by extension work in conjunction with the industry to achieve excellence in operations and management of all the sub-sectors within the aviation industry
- The university intends to offer a number of courses as required to bridge the skill gap within the Indian Aviation industry at present as well as taking into consideration future requirements
- The university is conducting a number of EDPs/ MDPs to provide updated knowledge for mid-level and senior aviation professionals already engaged in their professions
- The bouquet of courses offered as part of the EDP/ MDP framework shall be tailored to suit the requirements of the Indian Aviation industry while providing them with a certification that is globally accepted as a benchmark for their respective sectors/ sub-sectors
- The common theme that the university shall follow in all of these programs would be that of undertaking research on problems that the industry faces
- The university shall commit academic resources to resolve these business problems so as to not only provide business solutions but also to stay relevant to the Indian aviation industry while realizing the trust reposed in it by the Ministry of Civil Aviation