Periyar University PRIDE Practical Examination to begin from February 2019
Periyar University PRIDE – As the Periyar University has released the hall tickets for the Practical Examination for its Periyar Institute of Distance Education (PRIDE) at its official website, periyaruniversity.ac.in, the examination is scheduled to be held in February this year. According to an IE report, the examination is scheduled to be held from February 2 onwards. The report further said the examinations will be held for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. As the examination fee is different for vivid courses, the candidates will have to pay the examination fee for both practical and theory examinations.
Downloading Hall Ticket
- Visit the official website, periyaruniversity.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on ‘January 2019 PRIDE practical exam – hall ticket’ under ‘news’ section
- A new page will open, click on ‘view more’ under ‘January 2019 PRIDE practical exam – hall ticket’ link
- A new window will open, log-in using the registration number
- Admit card will appear, download
- Candidates need to download and take a print out of the Hall Ticket for future use
- No applicant will be allowed to appear for the examination without a valid hall ticket
Establishing at Salem on September 17, 1997, by the Government of Tamil Nadu, Periyar University is named after the renowned social reformer, EV Ramasamy, also known as Thanthai Periyar. The University is aiming at developing knowledge in various fields to realise the maxim inscribed in the logo, “Arival Vilayum Ulagu” (Wisdom Maketh the World). The primary objective of the University is holistic development of the students.
Periyar University imparts higher education through three modes, viz., through its Departments of Study and Research, the affiliated Colleges and Periyar Institute of Distance Education (PRIDE). The University has 28 departments and 101 affiliated colleges.
The Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) was introduced for various programmes offered by the University from 2008-09 onwards. From 2009-10 onwards the University has been offering certificate courses also in order to cater to the current needs of the public. Periyar University provides the Student Support Services of Library, National Service Scheme, Youth Red Cross, Women’s Welfare Centre and avenues for sports and games. Periyar University has a PG Extension Centre at Dharmapuri with 8 Departments.
Periyar University has taken the significant step of promoting interdisciplinary study and research. The departments have been clustered into schools in order to identify and work on productive intersections between disciplines.
Currently, four departments have SAP, sanctioned by the UGC and seven departments have FIST programme sanctioned by DST. The departments, Textiles and Apparel Design, and Food Science and Nutrition have been granted Rs. 1.5 crore by UGC to run the B.Voc Programme in the respective disciplines.
The schools, departments, institutes, chairs, centres and cells contribute their best through various academic, research and extension activities. The University is playing a paramount role in bringing multi-faceted development for the country. It is consistently organizing innumerable academic activities to bring academicians and industrialists under one umbrella to discuss, deliberate and carve out time-demanding solutions to social problems.
The University has partnerships with a number of academic, research institutes and Universities across the world to stay up to date on quality benchmarks. Important days at the International and National levels are observed by the University to promote awareness on key issues that impact human life and mother earth.
- Periyar University aims towards excellence in education, research, promoting invention, innovation and preserving cultural identity for a future generation
- Provide a vibrant learning environment, fostering innovation and creativity inspired by cutting edge research
- Aspire to be a national leader in developing educated contributors, career ready learners and global citizens
- Provide well-equipped facilities for teaching, research, administration and student life
- Have well defined autonomous governance structure
- To make a significant, consistent and sustainable contribution towards social, cultural and economic life in Tamil Nadu, India
- The motivation of students to be responsible citizens making them aware of their societal role
- Inculcate scientific temper, honesty, integrity, transparency, empathy and ethical values amidst students
- Impart a desire for lifelong learning to foster patriotic sensibility, accountability and holistic well being
- Provide a conducive and cosmopolitan environment for innovation and free thinking.
- Imbibe value based education leading to inclusive growth.
- Become a global leader in teaching, research, invention and innovation
- Make a significant contribution to the advancement of knowledge through quality teaching and innovative research
- Produce graduates possessing creativity and reflective thoughts, strong analytical skills and a passion for learning
- Be a part of the social and economic upliftment of society to infuse a sense of social and national responsibility among students.