PGIMER Admissions 2019 examination to be held on May 27
PGIMER Admissions 2019 – Due to the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls 2019, the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Admissions 2019 examination date has now been changed. Instead of the original schedule of May 12, now the new examination date is on May 27 11.00 A.M. The application process for the entrance examination is still open and will close on April 18, said an IE report.
The result for the PGIMER 2019 exam is scheduled to be declared on the next day, May 27 at 11 am. After the result, counselling sessions will begin. First counselling will be held on May 14, 2019, second and third on 12 July and 26 July 2019. Meanwhile, the application process for the entrance exam is still open and will conclude on April 18, 2019. The session is expected to begin in July 2019.
Steps to Apply
- Visit the official website, pgi.edu.in
- On the homepage, click on ‘MD/MS online application form – July 2019’ under ‘information for candidates’
- Click on ‘click here for notice’
- Click on ‘online application for MD/MS’
- Click on ‘apply’ under ‘new candidate registration’
- Fill details, generate registration id
- Log-in using the registration number
- Fill the form, upload images
- Make payment
- Candidates will have to pay Rs 1,000 as application fee, those belonging to SC/ST category will have to pay Rs 800 and PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fee
Candidates will be considered for selection to MD/MS courses based on a paper-pen based exam consisting of 250 multiple choice question (MCQs) with five alternatives each and single/multiple correct responses. Negative marks will be given for incorrect responses marked. The duration of this competitive entrance examination, to be conducted at various centres at Chandigarh for three-hours’ duration.
- Candidates will have to score at least 55 percentile, for reserved category candidates and foreign nationals the same is 50 percentile; except for Bhutanese nationals whose cut-off is 45 percentile.
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh was conceived in 1960 as a centre of excellence which would endeavour to develop patterns of teaching in postgraduate medical education in as many branches as possible and attempt to produce specialists in several disciplines of medicine. It was also envisaged that these specialists would spread out in the country in various medical colleges and medical institutions and impart medical education of highest standard to the students and set up the nucleus of excellence in their own institutions. The PGIMER was also given the responsibility to broaden the horizons of medical knowledge by intensive research in the field of health.
- Modernisation of Nehru Hospital
- Modernisation of Research Block ‘A’ & ‘B’
- Advanced Cardiac Centre (Phase II)
- Advanced Trauma Centre (Phase II)
- Advanced Eye Centre (Phase II)
- Misc. Engineering Works
- Augmentation of Various Departments
Area of focus
- Patient Friendly measures
- Packages for Procedures
- Strengthening of Poor Patient Cell
- Strengthening Medical Oncology and other Cancer facilities
- Modernisation of the old Hospital and Research Blocks
- Stem Cell and Genetic Research
- Strengthening of Cadaver organ transplantation Programme
- Computerisation of the Hospital