Pondicherry University to commence MBA IB Admission 2019 on January 24
Pondicherry University – The admission process for the MBA- IB program offered by the Department of International Business (DIB) of Pondicherry University will begin from January 24, 2019. Students will be admitted to the programme, which won the “Dewang Mehta Award” for the best calibre syllabus inputs across the country, based on their CAT 2018 scores. The programme which prepares leader-managers in International Business has sanctioned intake strength of 72 students in the course.
K Mahesh, Public Relations Officer, Pondicherry University said: “In the current global scenario of a highly competitive market, there is a need to groom and develop excellent talents to serve organisations across the globe. The MBA programs offered by the (DIB), helps to attract the cream of students who are aspiring to fly high in this competitive world. The DIB looks for the best talented, committed and passionate students to pursue our course. This would facilitate the department to be on the global map and with the experienced teachers as a ‘Global Think Tank’.”
Mahesh also said the program equips the students with the practical nuances of conducting international business in a competitive environment. Currently, the department offers two-year, full-time MBA – International Business programme with specialization in functional areas such as International Finance, Cross-Cultural management, Human Resource, Global Operations and systems and Transnational Marketing and Branding, the report said.
The course is open to graduates from B.Com/ B.Com (CA)/ BBA / BCA / BSc (mathematics / statistics / computer science) / B.E, B.Tech with 50% marks, and a pass in the case of SC/ST or for differently-abled candidates. DIB will shortlist the eligible candidates based on their CAT score 2018 during the third week of March 2019 and further shall be notified for Counselling and Admission. The NRI and foreign nationals are exempted from undergoing the regular selection process.
However, foreign nationals are requested to route their applications through ICCR/MHRD, Government of India. The NRI candidates shall apply directly to the head of the department with proof of NRI status. The NRI status of the father or mother alone would be considered, the report pointed out. For further Admission details please refer to the official website of Pondicherry University, pondiuni.edu.in
- To serve as an enabler of societal transformation through state-of-art higher education and research that match global benchmarks by providing access, resources and opportunities.
- To become an institution of global eminence.
- Adapting to ever-changing needs of the society and industries.
- To deploy globally competent resources in terms of people, infrastructure and partners through development of trained human resources, who will serve as agents of value-based Societal transformation in various spheres of life enriched with technology-assisted education, research, training and cultural integration
- Promoting excellence in the learning process
- Expanding the horizon of knowledge through creative research
- Maintaining high ethical standard in teaching, research and administration
- Catering to diverse needs of multi-cultural, multi-linguist strata of society
- Providing good academic ambience in pursuit of excellence in education
- Eco-friendly campus as a substratum of multi-disciplinary courses
- State-of-art infrastructure to support the students’ participatory means of seeking knowledge
- Encouraging awareness of social responsibility and accountability
- Promotion of equity through continuous improvement and sustainable growth