Pursue BBA Tourism and Travel Course from IITTM
IITTM – The Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM) an autonomous body under the Union Ministry of Tourism is offering Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism and Travel) Program from its centres, Gwalior, Noida, Bhubaneswar and Nellore as per the MoU signed under the collaborative scheme of IGNT University, Union Ministry of HRD.
This program incorporates subject-specific and generic business modules and has designed to reflect industry practices and academic developments. What is more, this course has touched upon tourism as a business activity – the organisation, dimensions, social significance and impact of tourism are studied. With entry profiles ranging from beginners to advanced levels, this program is designed to meet the present need of the tourism industry. The learners are supported at every stage of learning and career development.
Educational Qualification for IITTM
- The candidates who have passed 10 + 2 examinations in any subject from a recognized University/ Board with a minimum of 50% marks for UR / OBC (45% for SC / ST / PWD) are eligible to apply for BBA (Tourism & Travel) program
- SC/ST/OBC and Kashmiri Migrant students can avail of 5% relaxation in marks either at the qualifying examination or at the entrance examination
- The concession cannot be availed at both levels
- Reservation for SC, ST, OBC (under Non-creamy layer) and Physically Challenged candidates will be applicable as per Govt. of India rules. However, physically challenged candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- The candidates seeking admission to BBA (Tourism & Travel) program shall not be more than 22 Years as on July 1, 2018, for UR/OBC
- Five years relaxation in the age limit is allowed to the SC/ST/PwD candidates.
All the centres such as Gwalior, Bhubaneswar, Noida and Nellore have 60 seats each taking the total to 240 seats, out of which 30 each seat are for UR candidates, 16 for OBC, nine for SC and five for ST.
- The total fee for BBA (Tourism & Travel) is Rs. 2, 54,500
- The students are required to deposit the fee semester wise, as per the following details:
- First Semester – Rs. 59,500
- Second Semester – Rs. 40,000
- Third Semester – Rs. 35,000
- Fourth Semester – Rs. 45,000
- Fifth Semester – Rs.35,000
- Sixth Semester – Rs.40,000
- Candidates seeking admission in BBA (TT) programme shall be required to possess 10 + 2 examinations in any subject from a recognized University / Board with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC / ST / PH)
- Candidates appearing in final year examination of 10+ 2 are also eligible to apply, subject to they must submit their result of graduation with the requisite percentage of marks by October 31, 2018, failing which their admission will be cancelled and course fee deposited in the institute, will also be forfeited. (In this regards, the student must submit an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10).
- Appear in written test “IGNTU IITTM Admission Test (IIAT)” to be conducted by IGNTU & IITTM.
- Admission Test (AT) will be held on June 3, 2018 (Sunday) (tentative) from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at IITTM centres (i.e. Gwalior, Bhubaneswar, Noida and Nellore
- The candidate has to write their answers on the OMR Sheet. It will be an objective type test with four options of nearest answers carrying 100 questions /100 marks [General Awareness (50 Marks), Verbal ability (25 Marks) and Quantitative ability (25 marks)]. One marks for each right answer and no negative marking for wrong answers
Group Discussion and Personal Interview:
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for GD and PI at any one of the IITTM centres, which they have to mark in the admission form
- Candidates must also carry all the original documents for verification before being allowed for the GD and PI
Selection Process in IITTM
- A candidate to be considered for admission in BBA (TTM) 2018-21 would have to participate in all the three components of the screening process, as mentioned below
- If any case the candidate does not appear in one of the components of the screening process will not include in the merit list
- The admission in BBA (TT) would be strictly on the basis of overall performance of written test + GD + PI, as explained follows:
- Written Test: IGNTU IITTM Admission (Test (IIAT) 70%
- Group Discussion – 15%
- Personal Interview – 15%
- Total – 100%
Image course – http://www.iittm.ac.in/
Interested in MBA in Tourism and Travel? Click here