Registration of JEE Main 2019 ends on October 1, 2018
In a recent notification, the National Testing Agency of India (NTA) said that the candidates who want to sit for JEE Main 2019 examination, the last date for online submission of their application and uploading of photograph and signature was September 30, 2018, up to 11.50 PM. However, the agency, which is holding the IIT JEE Entrance Examination further added that to avoid last hour inconvenience to the candidates, the date for uploading of photograph and signature only is extended up to October 1, 2018, 11.50 PM. You can visit jeemain.nic.in or a direct link to the application form is also available on the official website of NTA, nta.ac.in, noted the NDTV report. Registration for UGC NET, the first competitive examination to be conducted by NTA will also be concluded today, said the report.
JEE Main 2019
The JEE Main is held by NTA from 2019 onwards. Earlier, it was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE till this year. The JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidates should have secured at least 75% marks in the Class 12 examination, or be in the top twenty percentile in the Class 12 examination held by the respective boards. For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying marks would be 65% in Class 12 examination. The dates of examination are from January 6, 2019 (Sunday) to January 20, 2019 (Sunday). The declaration of results on NTA’s website will be available on January 31, 2019.
The JEE Main 2019 will be held twice before admissions in the next academic session. The students should get the following benefits of the new pattern:
- This will give one more opportunity to the students to improve their scores in the examination if they fail to provide their best in the first attempt without wasting their whole academic year
- In the first attempt, the students will get a firsthand experience of taking an examination and to know their mistakes, which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If candidates missed the examination due to reasons beyond their control, then they need not wait for one full year
- The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of merit/ranking list
The first attempt of JEE Main 2019 will be held in January next year, whereas the second attempt will be conducted in April next year. The test will be carried on different shifts or dates in both the efforts. The NTA released the application form of JEE Main 2019 for the first attempt in September this year, and for the second attempt, it will be released in February next year. The result of the first attempt of JEE Main 2019 will be declared on January 31, 2019, and for the second attempt on April 30, 2019.