RGIPT offers four year BTech program in petroleum engineering and chemical engineering
The Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology under the Ministry of petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India is offering four-year B.Tech program in Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering. Both the courses have 60 seats each.
The candidates should be the citizens of India. The admission will be based on JEE (Advanced) 2018 rank list. The candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (55% in case of SC/ST/PwD) in Class 12 or equivalent. It may be noted that the RGIPT do not offer preparatory courses hence preparatory rank will not be considered, according to the official website notification. Also, candidates having colour blindness are not eligible for B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering; nevertheless, they can apply for Chemical Engineering. The Examination of JEE (Advanced) Paper I and II were held on May 20, 2018 and the results came on June 10.
Starting date for online submission of application was on May 21 and the last date of submission of application fee is July 4. The last date for online submission of application is July 5, while the declaration of first provisional list of shortlisted candidates will be on July 7. The last date for acceptance of registration fee (General and OBC is Rs.30, 000 and for SC/ST/PwD it is Rs.10,000 from candidates in the first provisional list is July 13. The declaration of first list of selected candidates, who paid registration fee is July 14 and the payment of remaining amount (General/OBC is Rs.1 lakh and for SC/ST/PwD it is Rs.25,000 of admission fees by selected candidates in the first list is July 20 Friday up to 4.00 PM. The registration at RGIPT Amethi is on July 29 and the academic session starts on July 30.
- Rs. 600/- + ₹ 108/- (Taxes) for Female Candidates (All Categories)
- Rs. 600/- + ₹ 108/- (Taxes) for SC/ST/PwD Candidates
- Rs. 1200/- + ₹ 216/- (Taxes) for All Other Candidates
How to apply
The candidates should submit the admission form online before the last date as specified under key dates. Here are the ways to apply:
- Visit rgipt.ac.in/btech_admission_eng.htm
- Click the payment for the payment of fees
- Click the apply online button to submit your application
- After opening the respective buttons, fill the requisite forms and submit
- Take a print out for your future reference
- The applicant will be able to fill the application form after 24 hours of successful submission of application fee
Documents You Need to Bring at the Time of Registration
- Letter of Acceptance
- IIT JEE (Advanced) Admit Card, self-attested copy with original
- Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheets and Certificates, self-attested copies with original
- Original Transfer Certificate OR Migration Certificate
- #Aadhaar Card, self-attested copy with original
- Valid cast certificates as per the central list for SC/ST/OBC category copies with original
- In respect of OBC category, bring a Non-Creamy Layer certificate and a self-declaration (to be signed by candidate) Form.
- Valid certificates for physically handicapped category, copy with original
- Five passport size latest colour photos (one fixed on the application form during registration)
- Online payment receipts/NEFT/RTGS receipt of all transactions
- Anti-Ragging cum Undertaking Form
- Medical Certificate (to be issued by registered medical practitioner)