Sikkim Manipal University – Directorate of Distance Learning
Sikkim Manipal University was established to educate the young population of Sikkim, providing them with the necessary skills and making them employable both in Sikkim and in other places. It was founded in the year 1995 and is a joint initiative by the Government of Sikkim and an own governing body. It is approved by the Government of India and accredited by the Universities Grant Commission. It is the first public and private partnership of its kind in the field of higher education and healthcare.
The university provides both academic programs to students of the state of Sikkim and affordable health care services to the people living in Sikkim. The university is ready to expand beyond its current capacities and ensures that the students can perform well in their respective professions after graduating from the university. It follows transparent processes and a merit-based admission system to ensure the quality of education.
The following regulatory bodies approve all the courses offered by Sikkim Manipal University:
- Medical Council of India
- Nursing Council of India
- Indian Association of Physiotherapy
- All India Council for Technical Education
- Universities Grant Commission
- Distance Education Council
Institutes Under Sikkim Manipal University
The university has the following institutes under its control:
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences offering graduate and post graduate programs in surgery, biotechnology and different branches of medicine.
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology offering courses in engineering streams and the field of computer sciences.
- Sikkim Manipal College of Physiotherapy offering undergraduate and graduate programs in physiotherapy.
- Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing is offering undergraduate and graduate programs in nursing.
- School of Basic and Applied Sciences, offering courses in engineering, information technology, physics, chemistry, environmental science, geoinformatics, material science and nanotechnology, VLSI design and embedded systems.
- SMU’s Directorate of Distance Education offering courses in management, computer applications, and information technology.
Directorate of Distance Education
The distance education wing of Sikkim Manipal University has a robust network of alumni, learning backed by the latest technology and individual academic counsellors for its students. The programs offered are all approved by the Universities Grant Commission.
You need to go online to visit the website and fill in a basic form with your details and expressing interest in admission. A counsellor appointed by the University will get in touch with you and collect further details about you. You will then be mailed a link to an online application form. You need to fill this application form, upload the required documents, pay the fees online and submit everything to the University. Once your application is processed and your details verified, the university will let you know about the status of admission.
You can then pursue the program you selected through distance learning mode.
Image source: TripAdvisor