SIMSR opens admission application process for PGDM 2019-21
SIMSR – The admission application process for PGDM 2019-21 batch of KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai (SIMSR) has just begun. The total intake is 408 students. The Institute offers six PGDM programs to provide career opportunities in management. The institute has autonomous status granted by UGC and notified by the University of Mumbai. SIMSR has been imparting and contributing tremendously to the qualitative development of Management Education in India. The B-school enjoys a high alumni base occupying critical corporate positions and upper international linkages. The admission criteria for all the PGDM programs reflect a common admission process with different weightage awarded to various components. The last date to apply for PGDM 2019-21 will end on January 10, 2019.
The PGDM consists of two years full-time program, and the various streams include PGDM Financial Services, PGDM International Business, PGDM Communication, PGDM Retail Management, PGDM Health Care Management, Master in Management Services along with other critical regular executive and doctoral management programs. The application fee is Rs.2800.
- The admission criteria describe the admission eligibility, admission process, weightage to entrance examination scores such as CAT 2018, XAT 2019 weightage to academics and work experience, final selection process with the weightage to different components in final selection criteria.
- The eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Apart from a recognised graduate degree, the candidate should be registered for CAT 2018/XAT 2019/CMAT 2019 or GMAT taken till February 10, 2019, and must score well to become eligible for admission.
- GMAT scores of the last three years are valid
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine PGDM admission eligibility would be based on the equality certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor’s degree is obtained
- In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence can be established by K J Somaiya by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the Admission eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for K J Somaiya Admission 2019-21.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by K J Somaiya, Mumbai and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the last year bachelor’s degree examination latest by July 31, 2019.
- Work Experience is not mandatory
- Admission Criteria 2019-21 will be a two-step process involving the Shortlisting criteria based on entrance exam score and the Final admission selection Criteria with only 35% weightage to entrance exam score
- The first part of Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round
The Institute will shortlist the candidates GE- PI round after declaration of entrance exam results. The Short-listing criteria will be as under:
- The Institute will shortlist candidates by entrance exam scores accepted for admission namely CAT 2018, XAT 2019, CMAT 2019 and GMAT taken before February 10, 2019.
- SIMSR will consider aggregate scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting.
- Applicants may submit more than one entrance test score
- K J Somaiya will consider the best test score for shortlisting.
- All the shortlisted candidates need to fill Profile form and SOP before appearing in GD-PI round
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- Final admission round at K J Somaiya will consist of Case-based GD followed by the in-depth personal interview
- GD-PI is conducted in different cities across the country. The cities are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, New Delhi, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna and Thiruvananthapuram
- The shortlisted can choose a date, time and venue from the selection centres as per their choice
- K J Somaiya selection criteria after final admission round award 35% weight to Entrance exam score; 10% weight to Academics; 5% Weight to Work Experience; 25% weight to Personal Interview; 17% Weight to Case-based GD and 8% Weight to Achievements like sports & other extracurricular activities
- The highest score with 10% weight to academics will be given to candidates who have scored more than 80% marks in Class 10, 12, graduation and also holds PG or above degree
- Weightage for work experience would ideally be given to a candidate only if he/she has worked in an executive or supervisory role for a minimum period of one year. The highest weight of 5% is awarded to the candidates with a work experience between 2 and three years.
- The highest weightage of 8% for achievements is awarded to the candidates who have participated in international level sports, extracurricular activities, additional qualification acquired from certified bodies, results in areas other than the workplace.
- A consolidated final selection merit list with the position of the candidates will be declared based on the above parameters
- Selected Candidate need to fill programme preference details online
- Candidates is offered the choice of the programme based on their preference, merit position and availability of seats