Supplementary Admit Card of NIOS DELEd 2019 Declared
NIOS DELEd 2019 – The Admit Card for the D.El.Ed supplementary examination has been released at the official website of the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), nios.ac.in. According to the IE report, the supplementary examination will be held from March 26.
Steps to download Admit Card
- Visit the official website, nios.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on the link ‘D.El.Ed’
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Click on the link ‘D.El.Ed hall ticket..’
- Log-in using the user name
- Admit card will appear.
- Candidates need to download the admit card and take a print-out
- For security reasons, it is mandatory to carry a print out of the hall ticket to the examination centre
- El. Ed is a two-year diploma course for unskilled teachers
NIOS is “Open School” to cater to the needs of a heterogeneous group of learners up to pre-degree level. It was started as a project with in-built flexibilities by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in 1979. In 1986, the National Policy on Education suggested strengthening of Open School System for extending open learning facilities in a phased manner at a secondary level all over the country as an independent system with its own curriculum and examination leading to certification.
Consequently, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India set up the National Open School (NOS) in November 1989. The pilot project of CBSE on Open School was amalgamated with NOS.
Through a Resolution (No. F.5-24/90 Sch.3 dated 14 September 1990 published in the Gazette of India on 20 October 1990), the National Open School (NOS) was vested with the authority to register, examine and certify students registered with it up to pre-degree level courses.
In July 2002, the Ministry of Human Resource Development amended the nomenclature of the organisation from the National Open School (NOS) to the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) with a mission to provide relevant continuing education at school stage, up to pre-degree level through Open Learning system to prioritized client groups as an alternative to formal system, in pursuance of the normative national policy documents and in response to the need assessments of the people, and through it to make its share of contribution:
- Universalisation of education
- Greater equity and justice in society
- Evolution of a learning society
The NIOS provides opportunities to interested learners by making available the following Courses/Programs of Study through open and distance learning (ODL) mode:
- Open Basic Education (OBE) Programme for 14+ year’s age group, adolescents and adults at A, B and C levels that are equivalent to classes III, V and VIII of the formal school system
- Secondary Education Course
- Senior Secondary Education Course
- Vocational Education Courses/Programmes
- Life Enrichment Programmes