TAPMI PGDM in Banking and Financial Services course fortifies a student’s skills and knowledge
TAPMI – The PGDM-Banking and Financial Services (equivalent to an MBA degree) have been made on an innovative curriculum structure that constructs a student’s skills and knowledge in finance. Admissions to TAPMI PGDM in Banking and Financial Services for 2019 – 2021 has started with 50 scholarships offered to students.
- The initial year covers accounting, finance, economics and banking courses, and the second year offers specialised training in either banking or capital markets
- The TAPMI PGDM is benchmarked to the CFA C-BoK (Candidate Body of Knowledge) and FRM C-BoK
- With the help of the sophisticated Bloomberg Lab, this program enables students to have a managerial career in the fields of banking and financial services with leading national and multinational banks and financial institutions
- The students receive rigorous academic preparation, essential leadership skills through the Institute’s integrated leadership program
- Also the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through the Bloomberg terminals and field visits to State Bank of India and BSE.
The curriculum of PGDM Banking and Financial Services
- A Master thesis course is part of the curriculum that provides the student with an opportunity to acquire first-hand experience in applied research in Finance under the supervision of an experienced faculty
- The students are motivated to disseminate the findings at a reputed conference or through publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- TAPMI Finance Lab is powered by Bloomberg India
- The trading lab is equipped with 16 Bloomberg terminals and is the largest Bloomberg supported lab in India
- The finance lab provides students with hands-on experience in Investments and Portfolio Management, Forecasting, Risk Management and understanding of Global Capital Markets
- The niche lab provides students with the knowledge and insight into real market situations while bridging the gap between financial theory and practice.
Student Managed Investment Course (SMIC)
- BKFS program makes the students undergo Student Managed Investment Course (SMIC) with each student provided Rs. 25000 each resulting in a corpus of Rs. 10 lakh to invest in real markets
- This fund is managed as a professionally run entity by the students selected through a rigorous process for this course
- The objective of SMIC is to provide experiential learning by enabling students to make investment decisions in the BSE/NSE listed companies
- TAPMI is the only business school in the country to run a course where students are given real money to invest in financial markets.
- This unique opportunity gives TAPMI students a deeper understanding of the realities of financial markets and institutions better than peers
- The process of defending their investment decisions to a panel of senior industry experts and faculty prepares them for the challenges they will face as they step out of the confines of the academic environment.
- The PGDM BKFS program is a full-time residential program with an intake of 60 students each batch
- The course attracts students from diverse backgrounds from across the country.
- TAPMI adopts a two-stage process for admitting candidates to its PGDM Programs
- Valid CAT/XAT/GMAT scores are mandatory prerequisites to qualify for the admission process consisting of WAT and Personal Interviews or other evaluation components the Institute deems fit
- To qualify for the admission process, it’s imperative to get high scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT. Students with academic excellence and relevant work experience are shortlisted and invited to participate in the subsequent TAPMI Admissions Process.
- For further details, visit tapmi.edu.in