Two-year PGDM course of TAPMI creates leaders for the healthcare sector
TAPMI – The TA Pai Management Institute is offering two-year Post-Graduate Diploma in Management is aimed at creating leaders for the healthcare sector, where the students not only gets to learn and apply comprehensive managerial and technical expertise required to tackle the challenges of today’s complex global healthcare system.
- The program is designed to lend an extensive understanding of the modern healthcare industry and effective inculcation of practical leadership abilities
- The course only admits students exclusively from medical and paramedical backgrounds including Medicine, Dentistry, Alternative systems of Medicine (Homeopathy, Ayurveda and Unani), Biomedical, Biotechnology, Pharmacy and Paramedical (Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupation Therapists)
- The PGDMA Program is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the world-renowned Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The course is recognised by The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to an MBA degree
- The program goes beyond the traditional courses in Hospital Administration and Public Health and equips students to leadership positions in the healthcare sector
- Over two years students develop an expertise in finance, strategy, marketing and entrepreneurship attuned to the healthcare sector.
- In addition to hospitals and public health, the curriculum covers healthcare verticals like Biomedical Devices, Pharmaceutical Industry, Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Healthcare IT, to name a few
- These specialised courses are unique to TAPMI and are not offered by any other management institute in India.
- Courses attuned to the needs of the market with a strong emphasis on business aspects of healthcare
- Collaborative learning with Manipal Healthcare Eco-system
- Internship with top companies in the healthcare sector
- A strong alumni base in the healthcare sector
- 100% Placement record with an average salary of 9 lakhs per annum (the year 2015)
Manipal Healthcare Ecosystem
- The unique feature of the course is collaborative learning with the Manipal Healthcare Eco-system
- Each healthcare course has a collaborative learning component whereby students get to work on a real-life problem along with the faculty. The Ecosystem consists of Manipal Healthcare Group which owns 15 hospitals in India and abroad, and Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Healthcare Technology companies.
- With changing business needs and rapidly evolving business environment, leaders need to be creative, curious and innovative.
- An essential combination of organisational and people skills is imperative for today’s leaders
- At TAPMI, we prepare students to meet these unique challenges with our leadership development programme to develop the necessary skill and character required to thrive in complex business organisations. Students learn their own strengths through self-assessments, psychometric assessments and are continuously mentored and guided throughout their time at TAPMI.
While academic rigour and practical management learning form the backbone of TAPMI’s MBA program, our goal is to ensure students achieve a fulfilling career.
We provide you with the necessary industry connections as well as create entrepreneurial opportunities.
Placements details from TAPMI’s website
Evaluation and Grading
TAPMI follows a rigorous system of continuous evaluation with assessment events that include quizzes, tests, assignments, mid-term and end-term exams, individual/group projects, presentations, and panel discussions
Based on the performance in each course, a course grade is awarded to each student, and a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is awarded for the entire program.
At the end of each term, students who do not meet the minimum academic standards are asked to withdraw from the program. Elaboration on the process of assessment, grading and expected performance standards are provided to students in the PGP Rules and Guidelines manual, at the time of joining the program.
PGDM Healthcare is a full-time residential program with an intake of 60 students. The PGDM program accepts students only from medical and paramedical backgrounds including Medicine, Dentistry, Alternative systems of Medicine (Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani), Biomedical, Biotechnology, Pharmacy and Paramedical (Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupation Therapists)
TAPMI adopts a two-stage process for admitting candidates to its PGDM Healthcare Programs. Valid CAT/XAT/GMAT scores are mandatory prerequisites to qualify for the admission process consisting of WAT and Personal Interviews or other evaluation components the Institute deems fit. To qualify for the admission process, it’s imperative to get high scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT. Students with academic excellence and relevant work experience are shortlisted and invited to participate in the subsequent TAPMI Admissions Process. For details, visit tapmi.edu.in