UGC NET December 2018 Result released by NTA
UGC NET December 2018 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the UGC NET December 2018 result on their official website – ntanet.nic.in. Candidates can download the results from the official website.
Steps to check the NTA NET Result 2018
- Go to the official website of NTA ntanet.nic.in
- Click on the result link “View Result – UGC NET December 2018”
- Enter Application Number / Roll Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Check your NTA UGC NET result
Note: Only registered candidates can sign in
According to the press release, this year the UGC NET Examination was conducted for the first time by the National Testing Agency (NTA) from 18th December 2018 to 22nd December 2018 on two shifts per day across 235 cities in the country.
The examination was conducted in 85 subjects. According to a press release from the NTA, out of the 9, 56,837 candidates who registered for the exam, 6,81,930 candidates appeared for both papers.
According to the NTA, 44,001 candidates qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor while 3,883 qualified for JRF and also eligible for Assistant Professor.
There were 598 examination centres across the country. A total number of 742 Observers, 295 City-Coordinators and 24 State Coordinators were deputed at these centres to oversee the smooth and fair conduct of the examination.
Details of the press release -https://ntanet.nic.in/ntanetcms/public/home.aspx
|Details of the UGC NET 2018 Results|
|Number of candidates registered||956837|
|Number of candidates appeared on both papers||681930|
|Number of candidates qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor||44001|
|Candidates qualified for JRF & eligible for Assistant Professor||3883|
This time there was a change in the mode of the examination; Computer Based Exam was introduced the first time to reduce the burden of examinees.
- In order to facilitate quick employment of eligible candidates, the result has been declared in record time. The exam was conducted from 18th December 2018 to 22nd December 2018 in 10 shifts and result has been declared on 05th January 2019.
- In order to make the examination system transparent, the Question Paper and recorded responses were displayed for the verification by examinees
- To ensure the accuracy of the result, the keys of question papers were displayed in advance to invite challenges if any.
- For the first time in national professional examinations, live CCTV Surveillance through more than 8000 CCTV was carried out.
- Cheating using mobile network and other electronic devices was stopped using Jammers at all centres.
As per the UGC policy, 6% of those candidates who appear in both the papers and obtain minimum qualifying marks in aggregate of both the papers are declared NET qualified. The certificates to the qualified candidates will be issued by UGC