UPSC IFS 2019 registration begins
UPSC IFS 2019 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released official notification for the Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam 2019 on its official website upsc.gov.in. Candidates can visit the official website and complete the registration process for the UPSC IFS 2019 in the format prescribed in the website.
Important Information and Dates for the UPSC IFS 2019 Examination
The section process for the Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam 2019 is through a screening test by the commission. It will be conducted will through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 which will be held on June 2.
The last date to apply for submitting the application form for the Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam 2019 is March 18 (6 pm). Candidates need to pay Rs 100 as application fee.
Steps to apply for the UPSC IFS 2019 registrations
- Visit the official website upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) examination will screen and select the candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination.
- The main examination for the UPSC IFS is likely to be held in December 2019
- Candidates, who qualify for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, will have to fill in a Detailed Application Form by visiting the official website – www.upsconline.nic.in
Eligibility criteria and Number of attempts for the UPSC IFS 2019
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1, 2019, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than August 2, 1987, and not later than August 1, 1998.
According to the official notification, a candidate will be permitted six attempts at the examination
Selection procedure for the for the UPSC IFS 2019
The Indian Forest Service Examination consists of two successive stages
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
- The Main Examination will be held in Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, PortBlair and Shimla.
IFS Mains Exam Pattern
|Paper I||General English||300|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300|
|Paper III||Optional Subject 1||200|
|Paper IV||Optional Subject 1||200|
|Paper V||Optional Subject 2||200|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject 2||200|
Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 through CS(P) Examination 2019
|Date of Notification||19/02/2019|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||02/06/2019|
|Duration of Examination||One Day|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||18/03/2019 – 6:00pm|
|Date of Upload||19/02/2019|
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is an organisation that works under the central government to recruit staff for various posts in the various ministries and departments, and in subordinate offices. The commission also conducts examinations for the recruitment in various departments of the state.