VITEEE 2019 witnesses 162000 candidates appearing the entrance test
As many as 1.62 lakh candidates who had applied for VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) 2019 will take the examination from April 10 to 21 at 163 centres in India, Dubai, Kuwait, Muscat and Qatar, as per The Hindu report. The VITEEE, a computer-based examination, is being conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore, to admit students to various undergraduate programmes on VIT campuses in Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amaravati during the academic year 2019-20.
VIT Chancellor G. Viswanathan, Vice-President Sankar Viswanathan, vice-president Sekar Viswanathan and Director of UG Admissions K. Manivannan visited the examination centre on the Vellore campus on April 11. Of the 1.62 Lakh candidates among the cities, Hyderabad topped the list with the maximum applications of 13,574 followed by Vijayawada 9,815; Delhi 9,094; Chennai 7,943; Kota 6,005; Vellore 2,694; and Bhopal 1,654. The results of VITEEE 2019 will be released on the VIT website, vit.ac.in by the end of April 2019. Those who secure ranks 1 to 50 in VITEEE would get 75% fee waiver, those in the ranks 51 to 100 will be offered 50% waiver and 25% waiver for ranks 101 to 1000.
Free admission, including total fee waiver, and free boarding and hostel accommodation for all the four years of the undergraduate course would be provided to one boy and a girl each from all districts of Tamil Nadu who secure the first rank at the district-level from among the government schools in rural areas.
The Institute was set up under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, and was founded in 1984 as a self-financing institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resources Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world-class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA. Sankar Viswanathan, Sekar Viswanathan and G.V. Selvam are the Vice-Presidents; Dr Anand A. Samuel is the Vice-Chancellor and Dr S. Narayanan is the Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
- VIT imparts futuristic technical education and instils high patterns of discipline through dedicated staff setting global standards, making the students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race
- To educate students from all over India, including those from the local and rural areas, and from other countries, so they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families, industry and society. We will provide individual attention, world-class quality education and take care of character building
- NIRF, Government of India, ranks VIT as one of the best engineering institutions in India three years in a row
- Three subjects are ranked by QS World University Rankings in 2019. Computer Science & Information Systems and Electrical & Electronic Engineering are within the Top 500 and Chemistry is within the Top 550
- VIT – ranked 176 by QS among all Universities of BRICS countries in 2018
- Over 2,12,000 appeared for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) in 2018
- The institution offers 36 Undergraduate, 31 Postgraduate, 4 Integrated and 3 Research Programmes
- NAAC has re-accredited VIT with an ‘A’ grade
- A 360-acre eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh square feet built-up space at Vellore
- A 170-acre eco-friendly second campus at Chennai
- Over 35,000 students, with nearly one-third of them women
- Students from 60 countries as well as from every state in India
- Over 1400 faculty and 1413 staff
- VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment
- 600+ Companies have recruited from VIT in 2019 alone and made 4000+ offers
- VIT has partnerships with 200+ international institutions. Semester Abroad Program and International Transfer Program are among the successful international collaborations