What is the job of a Graphic Designer
Graphic designing is the process of visual communication and problem-solving using one or more of typography, photography and illustration. The field is considered a subset of visual communication and communication design, but sometimes the term “graphic design” is used synonymously. The art or skill of combining text and pictures in advertisements, magazines, or books.
So, we understand that Graphic designers make visual concepts. They may use the computer software, or they may do it the traditional way. The works of the graphic designers are meant to appeal to the consumer. Visual art conveys a meaning to his advertisements by the use of pictures and drawings. They develop the overall layout and production design for ads, brochures, magazines and corporate reports.
what Graphic designers do?
- Meet clients or art director to discuss the project and to determine its scope.
- Use a digital illustration, photo-editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Create logos and other visual elements such as original images, and pictures that deliver the intended message or idea.
- Design layouts and select colours, images, and typefaces to use
- Show design concepts to clients or art directors
- Bring changes according to the wishes of the client or art director
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
Graphic designers combine art and technology to explain ideas with the help of images printed pages. They may use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. A graphic designer must work full time, but if he is working on his own, then he fixes some time for meetings with his clients.
Personal attribute for entering this field:
Analytical skills – Graphic designers must be able to look at their work from the eyes of his client so he should be systematic and should understand his client well.
Artistic ability – Graphic designers must be able to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients and consumers.
Communication skills– Graphic designers must be able to understand his client and should be able to convey his viewpoint to him.
Computer skills – Most graphic designers use specialised graphic design software to prepare their designs.
Creativity – Graphic designers must be able to think of new approaches.
Time-management skills – Because Graphic designers often work on multiple projects at the same time.
Graphic designers are paid very well and belong to the latest trendy creed of professionals.