WII admission 2019 opens for MSc in Wildlife Science
WII admission 2019 – A notification regarding the invitation to apply for the MSc in Wildlife Science programme has been released by the WII or ‘The Wildlife Institute of India’ on wii.gov.in which is the official website?
Information regarding the eligibility criteria, age limit, scholarships available has also been released by the Institute on the website.
- The course is open to Indian as well as foreign nationals and runs for two years.
- A limited number of 20 students only will be selected for the 2019-2021 batches. Out of these 20 seats, only 5 seats are for foreigners the rest 15 are reserved for Indian nationals.
- The 5 seats for foreign nationals will also go to Indian students if they are left vacant due to non-selection of foreign students.
Criteria for selection to the WII 2019 admissions
The candidate who has applied must have a degree in any of the following subjects, engineering, medical science, a recognized degree in science, veterinary science agriculture, pharmacy, forestry computer science and social science from a recognised institute.
Note: All candidates in the final year will be required to submit a certificate by August 2019 to the effect they have passed the exam.
- Maximum Age limit is of 25 years as on July 2019.
- Age limit may be relaxed up to three years in the case of OBC and five years in the case of SC /ST candidates.
|Important Dates WII admission 2019 opens for MSc in Wildlife Science|
|Online Registration for the NET exam||February 15, 2019|
|Online Registration Opens||February 16, 2019|
|Online Registration Closes||April 25, 2019|
|Declaration of Results – ( Shortlisted Candidates of the NET exam)||April 30, 2019|
|Online NET Exam||May 5, 2019|
|Declaration of NET Exam||May 15, 2019|
|Personality and Aptitude Test||May 29, 30, 2019|
|Declaration of Results||June 3, 2019|
- The course fee is Rs 5, 32,800
- SAARC nation candidates will be required to pay US$12,200
- Other foreign nationals will have to pay US$14,400
Scholarships for WII admissions 2019
- A selection will be made of any eight Indian students for a scholarship covering all the expenses of hostel charges as well as academic fees.
- In addition, each of these selected candidates will also get a monthly stipend of Rs 3,000 per month.
- April 25, 2019, will be the last date on which all the procedures of the application process will conclude.
The WII or the Wildlife Institute of India WII Written Exam will be for 50 marks and candidates will get 1 Hour to complete the online written test. There will be multiple choice questions from different sections and an essay to be written.
The Wildlife Institute of India is situated in Dehradun, Uttarakhand and is run by the ‘Council of Forestry Research and Education’. It trains wildlife managers and wildlife researchers. The institute was started in 1982 and falls under the’ Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change Government of India. ‘