Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology established in 1967 is named after the first nation’s people who lived in the area. Algonquin was formed from the merger of the Eastern Ontario Institute of Technology and the Ontario Vocational Centre. The college main mission is to transform hopes and dreams into skills and knowledge, leading to lifelong career success.
Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology is the largest college in Eastern Ontario. The College believes in the pursuit of knowledge, personal growth and development. The vision of Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology is to be a global leader in digitally connected applied education and training.
Campus of Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology –
Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology has three campuses:
- Woodroffe Campus: Located west of the downtown core, the Woodroffe Campus is easily accessed by public transportation and is conveniently located next to a large retail and grocery complex.
- Pembroke Campus: Pembroke Campus is surrounded by the majestic natural beauty of the City of Pembroke, located on the Ottawa River. This small-town campus is a leader in outdoor adventure training, but is grounded in more traditional programming like business, technology, health and community studies.
- Perth Campus: Perth Campus offers courses in millwork, stone carving, heritage restoration, as well as courses in business, community and health studies all taught at their small, friendly campus in the historic Town of Perth.
Why Choose Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology?
- 6,190 students graduated last year.
- 97% of graduates would recommend Algonquin to others.
- 86% of graduates have jobs within six months of graduation.
- 80% of graduates are satisfied with the usefulness of their college education in achieving their goals after graduation.
- 91% of employers are happy with the quality of Algonquin College programs.
Facilities at Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology –
- Book Store
- Computer Store
- Internet Access
- Catering Services
- Health Services
- Sport Facilities
- Parking Services
Schools and Faculties at Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology –
- Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence
- School of Advanced Technology
- Algonquin College Heritage Institute
- School of Business
- Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley
- School of Health and Community Studies
- Career and Academic Access Centre
- School of Hospitality and Tourism
- Language Institute
- School of Media and Design
- Police and Public Safety Institute
- School of Part-time Studies
Scholarships at Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology –
Scholarships, prizes and awards are given in recognition of academic excellence and can include money, plaques, books, medals, etc or any combination thereof.
Student Support Services at Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology –
Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology provides its students various support services which include counseling, financial aid, accommodation, health care center, disability center, orientation programs etc.
Career Services at Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology –
The students of Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology are provided with employment support center that help the graduates find employment through recruitment and networking events, job boards and network of local employers. The students are also provided online support for resume and cover letter preparations.