About The Institute
The ARCH Academy of Design was set up in the year 2000 to impart industrially & globally relevant, specialized Education in Design. The Institute has developed as a centre of excellence in learning and innovation, and over the last fifteen years, has trained more than 6000 professionals and entrepreneurs from across the country.
The Academy offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Certificate courses in Fashion Design, Interior Design, Craft Product Design, Jewellery Design, Graphic Design, Design Communication, Lifestyle Accessory Design, as well as Diploma & Certificate programmes in Visual Merchandising & Gemmology.
The ARCH Academy of Design has a strong International representation, with students from several countries like Sweden, Spain, Kuwait, the United Kingdom, the USA, Nepal, Iran, Canada, Korea, Japan, and Dubai etc.
Why The Institute?
Since Jaipur is a thriving student city, the college experience at ARCH is about more than just classes. It is about discovering and developing an understanding of the culture while getting exposed to the art, craft and talent of the local creators; understanding and contributing in real ways to the evolution of sensibilities through the study and practice of Design.
The curriculum at ARCH encourages learners to develop knowledge and understanding of issues both local & global that has formed the basis of debate on the purposes and processes of design, and extends this knowledge and understanding through research, analysis and application of historical and contextual skills to selected fields of study.
ARCH academy of Design is setting up a Technology Business Incubator (TBI) under Rajasthan Startup Policy guidelines as a unique and first of its kind Social and Technology led innovation centre focused on craft, garments and design.
Rajasthan is a designersâ paradise with handicrafts, jewelry, textile and apparels as a mainstream, industry in the region. It contributes more than 50% of exports from the state and is a key thrust area for Rajasthan. Jaipur has also bagged the title of Worldâs Craft City and UNESCO named it as the City of Handicrafts. The Incubator at ARCH will provide it students facilities like high end machinery and equipment, sample creation laboratories, technical guidance and support, investment etc.
Programmes in Design
Under Graduate Level Programmes in Design
|Under Graduate||Seats Intake|
|Fashion Design & Business||18|
|Interior Design & Business||18|
|Graphic Design & Communication||18|
|Graphic Art (Visual Art)||12|
|Jewellery Design & Business||12|
|Lifestyle Accessories Design||12|
|Craft Product Design & Business||12|
Post Graduate Level Programmes in Design
|Post Graduate||Seats Intake|
|Garment Production & Export Management (GPEM)||15|
|Fashion Design & Entrepreneurship;||15|
|Jewellery Design & Entrepreneurship||15|
|Lifestyle Accessories Design||15|
|Interior Design & Entrepreneurship||15|
ARCH Academy of Design conducts AIEED (All India Entrance Examination of Design) for Undergraduate (4yr) & Postgraduate (2yr) programmes. For the convenience of prospective applicants, the Exam is conducted in two modes i.e. Online and Offline (Centre Based). Both versions of the exam test the aesthetic sense, creativity & design sensitivity of students seeking fulfilling careers in the various fields of design. It also tests the logical reasoning & problem solving aptitude of the student. ARCH invites applications for AIEED ’16 for its UG & PG programmes for the Academic year 2016.
Eligibility for UG Programmes
- Students who have Appeared for/Cleared Class 10+2 (CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board/NIOS or equivalent exam as per UGC Guidelines) are eligible to write AIEED Exam.
- Students applying for 4 YR Undergraduate Interior Design program with a valid NATA score/ AIEEE rank are exempted from AIEED exam and will be called for interview directly.
- Class 10+1 Students can also write AIEED 2016-17. Qualifying students will be eligible for direct admission in Academic yr 2016 after clearing the interview.
Eligibility for Post Graduate Programmes
- Graduates or students pursuing graduation in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for this programme.
Format of Exam
- Online Exam
- Centre based Exam (Offline)
HOW TO FILL APPLICATION FORM
- The Prospectus, along with the Application Form, can be downloaded from the websites www.aieed.com andwww.archedu.org . The application is available for INR 1500/- only.
- Purchase prospectus from ARCH Academy of Design Centre, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur either by Cash or DD drawn in favor of “Arch Educational Society” payable at Jaipur, & fill and submit the Form included in the package.
Important academic activities
- Business Incubator
- Class room projects
- Industry interface
- Ideation labs
- Open house
- Research fellowships
- Club activities
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Audio-visual teaching aids in all class rooms
- High speed WI-FI and LAN connectivity
- Latest Apple Mac-Lab
- Well equipped lab spaces and facilities include the
- Gemmology Lab
- Terracotta Lab
- Textile Weaving & Printing Lab
- Apparel Pattern Making & Drafting Lab
- Sewing Lab
- Leather Workshop
- Wood Working Workshop
- Jewellery Manufacturing & Metal Working Lab
- Casting & Enamelling workshop
- Residential hostel facility for girl students
- Affiliated to University of Rajasthan for degree programmes
- Learning Centre Pearson Edexcel BTEC HND Level 5
- Authorised Learning Centre London Chamber Of Commerce & Industry (LCCI)
- Skills Knowledge Provider (SKP) Institution under The NVEQF Scheme of All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) in the Applied Arts Sector for Jewellery Design
- International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes(IFFTI)
- International Council of Societies of Industrial Design
- The Hongkong Research Institute of Textiles And Apparel(HKRITA)
Student Exchange Program
- De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
- University of Northampton, UK
- University of Salford, UK
- Pearson’s BTEC Progression Routes in the UK include the University of Bedfordshire, Heriot-Watt University, Coventry University, St Patrick’s College, Middlesex University, Swansea Metropolitan University, Bath Spa University et al.
- Textila Gymnasiet in Stockholm, Sweden
Industry connect & Linkages
- MSME-NID Design Clinic Scheme
- Development Commissioner Handicrafts, Ministry of Textiles
- Garment Exporters Association of Rajasthan (GEAR)
- Bagru Tex Park
- Access Development Services
- Indian Green Building Council
- Head Start
- TIE Rajasthan
- CII- Young Indians
- I Create
- National Entrepreneurship Network
- Startup Oasis
- Studio Autonium
- 91 Degree
- Sam Movies
“I am delighted to acknowledge Arch as one of the premier design institutions of the country. The creative, stimulating, innovative learning environment has made the institution an important destination for learning design”.
“I find ARCH students very promising and enterprising. The International course curriculum at the institution empowers individuals to make a mark in world fashion.”
International Fashion Designer
“I think that the alumni of Arch are a wealth to the Gems and Jewellery Industry. They have performed excellently and have made a niche for themselves and we have have several students from ARCH working at Amrapali and they are doing a great job”.
Amrapali Jewellery Pvt Ltd
FDCI Member, Jaipur.
“Talented boys and girls are entering the field of Jewellery design and gems as it is an important industry. Arch makes sure that the Indian jewellery designers are doing well in this competitive global sector”.
CEO, PHILIPPE ALEXANDER LTD.,
“ARCH Academy of Design trains industry specific Interior Designers who are market ready from an Indian & Global perspective. These students display the competence required for professional excellence”.
Amrapali Jewellery Pvt Ltd
FDCI Member, Jaipur.
“By providing me with the right knowledge, guidance and exposure in the field of Gems and Jewellery, ARCH has given me the platform to make my life exactly the way I wanted”.
ORRA Diamond Jewellery
“It is an amazing feeling to know that my developments at present define the taste and products of Neerav Modi”.
Creative Head, Neerav Modi, Mumbai
“ARCH has helped me to develop a whole new set of skills that I can use in the career I have chosen”. Sandeep Palke
Asst. Designer, Rocky S, Mumbai
“It was an honor and privilege for me to study in such a distinguished institute. Arch gave me utmost exposure and liberty to do things my way which helped to bring out the best in me both personally and professionally”.
Owner, Silhouette by Swati Rohilla
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my professors for passing down their knowledge and enthuasism throughout the course. Their support and encouraging words still provide me strength”.
Asst. Designer, Kaleido
“ARCH built in me the capacity for in-depth enquiry and immensely contributed towards increasing my personal independence & initiative in exploring ideas and extending my skills”.