Delhi Technological University (DTU), Delhi was established in 1941 and it was formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering. The institute was started to cater the needs of Indian industries for trained technical manpower with practical experience and sound theoretical knowledge. It comprised of a multi disciplinary and multi level institution offering wide ranging programmes in engineering, technology, arts and sculpture, architecture, pharmacy and commerce.
Delhi College of Engineering was under the administrative control of Department of Technical Education & Training. For academic purposes, the college was affiliated to University of Delhi since 1952. From 2009, the DCE has become Delhi Technological University.
The aim of DTU is to rank among leading universities globally. Within an intensely competitive environment, the college has adopted a dynamic, global, high-quality, creative and communicative approach in education, as well as research and development.
Campus of Delhi Technological University
The Campus of DTU is situated in North – West Delhi, India. It is approximately 32 kilometers from the Indira Gandhi International Airport , New Delhi.
Facilities at Delhi Technological University
- Central Library
- Computer Center
- Knowledge Park
- Guest House
- Health Centre
- Wi-fi Campus
Departments at Delhi Technological University
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Department of Applied Mathematics
- Department of Applied Physics
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Delhi School of Management
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Environment Engineering
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Mechanical Engineering