Indian Institute of Technology located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, is a premier institution of engineering and technology in the country. Established in the year 1847 as the first engineering institution in India, IIT Roorkee has architected a name for itself as a reputed center of excellence in the international stage of education centers. In the year 1949, it was elevated to the position of the first autonomous University of Independent India in recognition of its distinguished record in imparting quality education. It was renamed as Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee in the year 2001.
In the year 1998, the University of Roorkee established the Department of Management Studies to offer high standard formal education in management science. The institution strives hard with a mission and vision to develop a new knowledge driven society with acumen needed for managers in the contemporary environment of rapidly evolving global business and commerce. Over a short period of time the department of management studies has grown in to a resourceful center with excellence, standard infrastructure and expertise.
Presently, there are various Department offers dual specialization to the candidates. With over 4500 students in 19 academic departments/centers in departments like Engineering and Technology, Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Management.
- In addition Cyber Cafe equipped with 20 computers are functional in all hostels
- Library & Information Centre, E-Notice Board, online registration and online placement portals
- Syndicate and committee halls, auditorium with teaching aids and a large central atrium
- Spacious lawns and sports grounds
- State-of-the-art class rooms
- All Hostels are Wi-Fi enabled for internet and intranet connectivity
- Over 50 networked nodes through TCP/IP based high speed LAN
- 45 Mbps leased line, 5.2 VSAT line with internet connectivity in a distributed environment
- ATM based optical fiber WAN, comprehensive voice, video and data connectivity through NICNET and ERNET, PARAM 10000 super computer for parallel computing
- Master of Business Administration