Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies (DGMC) is a landmark in media & advertising education. It is India’s premier media school that is geared up to set new benchmarks in the field of media education. Our faculty team has designed the curricula of new & innovative programs in media, entertainment and advertising, with high level of corporate inputs, which will position our students and faculty as catalyst of the media revolution”.
DGMCMS has a very unique pedagogy which involves interactive classroom sessions, case study approach, mentoring, live projects, on field assignments, on-the-job learning, attending seminars and conferences, industry interaction, simulation games, quizzes and team exercises, ambush teaching, student workshops and personal grooming & business etiquettes.
Why DGMC ?
- Highly experienced qualified industry professionals as faculty
- Focused internship and practical training
- Students equipped to produce all kinds of media content
- Courses recognized by AICTE and University of Mumbai
- Campus in the hub of the industry
- Access to a wide range of professional facilities
- Live projects as a part of the curriculum, on the job learning
- Simulation games
- Case study approach
- Dedicated Wi-Fi campus, studios and I-Mac lab
- Master classes by stalwarts, workshops throughout the year
- Class Apart series of lectures by industry professionals
Message from the Director
The present is past. What was future is already the present. The world is moving at breakneck speed, and if we don’t keep pace with it, we will become obsolete. Last 30 odd years, we have seen very rapid changes in how we produce and consume media. From being the exclusive domain of a few, we, the consumers of media have also become the producers of media content. All forms of media have now converged into that small device in your hands, the mobile phones. You are digital natives, born digital, probably played with a mobile phone when you were toddlers, never been without a television set in your homes. And the world you are entering is full of people like you, producers, rather than passive consumers of media content. It is in this world that you now have to create content, sell it, market it, and manage its delivery and also ensure that it gets enough readers and viewers. You will also have to ensure that those users interact with it and ‘make it go viral’.
The programmes in DGMC are structured to help you do just that. The Post Graduate Diploma in Management lays a solid foundation in management fundamentals and then helps you in specialising either in media & entertainment or in advertising & communication. With both these industries continuously posting double digit growth, and with several more television channels and new media start-ups in the pipeline, this is the right time to jump on to the bandwagon. If you are interested in a specialised course like photography, cinematography or graphic designing to add on to your existing qualifications, DGMC also offers university approved short courses in these areas of study. DGMC’s state of the art editing suite and iMac lab aid practical learning for these courses.
For more academically inclined DGMC also offers graduation & post graduation in Films, Television & New Media Production.
Today, success doesn’t come by harnessing the present, but by reaching ahead and grabbing the future. Let’s not get caught unawares; let’s create our future together.
I welcome you to DGMC and wish you a bright future.
Prof. Mangesh Karandikar
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
- Min. 50% marks in Graduation in any stream
- Entrance Exam – CAT/MAT/XAT/MAT/ ATMA/C-MAT/MH-CET
- Submit application form along with Rs 1000/- via DD/Cash/Cheque
- DD/Cheque favoring: Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies
- Appear for Personal Interview at institute level as per schedule that will be given to you
- Remit fees if selected.
Infrastructure & Facilities
- IT labs equipped with iMacs
- Wide range of Media related books, journals and magazines
- Air- conditioned classrooms with projectors
- Sound and Video Editing Suites
- Video Shooting Floor
Approved by AICTE and DTE
- “A great outlook towards education. The intent to make a difference in student’s life.” Mr. Rajiv Wadhwa,
- “Very Sincere Class. Creative comments & very good questions asked during the session. Very co-operative staff members. Thank you!” Mr.Jasmin Dawda,
- “A wonderful festival (MMC) with a great sense of energy & fun. Look forward to coming back soon.” Mr.Bejoy Nambiar,
- “A pleasure being here at DGMC.Wish it existed when I was growing up. Lot of love and wishes to the students and faculties.” Mr.Samir Soni