Dr. D. Y. Patil, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics (DYPBBI), Pune was established in 2004, is a constituent unit of Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth which is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. DYPBBI is well adapted to the interdisciplinary mode of biotechnology research needed for such goals. The academic and research units at DYPBBI have clear objectives and goals. DYPBBI is striving to provide cutting edge knowledge and practical experience in all the sectors of biotechnology.
The vision of DYPBBI is to excel in all aspects of academic life, so as to make the institute nationally and internationally reputable. The empowerment of students through imparting of knowledge and skills in biotechnology and bioinformatics and the provision of education of global standards occupies centre- stage in the vision.
Campus of Dr. D. Y. Patil, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics –
Dr. D. Y. Patil Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Institute is located at Tathawade on the Bangalore-Mumbai National Highway along with Global Business School & Research Centre and Dr. Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology. It is close to Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park at Hinjewadi where many prestigious companies like Infosys, Wipro, KPIT Cummins, Satyam etc. are located. Institute is at a distance of 15 km from Pune. It is well connected to Mumbai by Express Highway & to other parts of country by road, rail and by air.
Facilities at Dr. D. Y. Patil, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics –
Departments at Dr. D. Y. Patil, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics –
- Department of Bioinfomatics & Computer Science
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Industrial Biotechnology & Microbiology
- Department of Molecular Biology, Genetics & Pharmacology
- Department of Plant & Animal Biotechnology & Environmental Sciences
- Department of Basic Sciences & Communication Skills
Objectives of the Placement Cell at Dr. D. Y. Patil, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics –
- Release of college brochure annually.
- Correspondence and visits to various organizations for planning and arranging campus interview.
- Arrange informative lectures by eminent professionals for the benefit of students and staff members.
- Recommend students for Vocational Training in different companies.
- Organize parents meet for their involvement in general development of the institute.
- Develop strong Alumni Association.