Dronacharya Government College, Gurgaon was established in 1951. Dronacharya Government College aspires to cope up with the changing academic scenario in the backdrop of the overall development of the country. The origin of Dronacharya Government College can be traced back to Hindu College Gujranwala (Pakistan). After the partition in the year 1947, Dronacharya Government College was re-established at their present location at Gurgaon in May 1951 and was rechristened as Dronacharya Sanatan Dharma College.
The main objective of the institution is to instill the intellectual and moral values in our students for their overall personality development so that they can become a self-rejuvenating dynamic force to take the society and the nation forward as awakened and responsible citizens.
Facilities at Dronacharya Government College –
- Study Materials
- Medical Facilities
- Conference & Seminar Hall
Departments at Dronacharya Government College –
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Geology
- Department of Tourism
- Department of Hindi
Scholarship at Dronacharya Government College –
The college provides following Scholarships and financial helps to the students in the Dronacharya Govt. College:
- Indian Government Post Matric Scholarships, only for students of schedule castes, schedule tribes and backward classes.
- Post Matric Scholarships of Government of India for students coming from small income family.
- Harijan Kalyan Yojna of Haryana Government
- National Credit Scholarship Plan
- National Scholarship Plan of Government of India
- Residential Scholarship Plan of Haryana Govt. for students of schedule castes, schedule tribes and backward classes.