GITAM School of International Business, formerly known as GITAM Institute of Foreign Trade (GIFT), was established in the year 1997 in academic collaboration with the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi (Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India). Subsequently, when GITAM was declared in 2007 as a deemed to be University, under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, it was brought within the ambit of GITAM and declared as an autonomous School of Excellence in International Business, in recognition of its academic leadership in International Business in the Country. University Grants Commission (UGC), MHRD, New Delhi has granted independent recognition to GITAM School of International Business in the ambit of GITAM, and all the Programmes offered by the School have approval of the UGC. Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), (Deemed to be University) is accredited with “A+” Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), MHRD, New Delhi.
GITAM School of International Business (GSIB), Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), (Deemed to be University), Visakhapatnam is conceptualised as a centre for excellence in teaching, training, research and consultancy in International Business, and acclaimed as one of the top-ranking B-Schools in International Business in the country.
- CSR-GHRDC Survey-2017, 2nd Rank in Top B-School of Eminence
- NHRDN B-School Survey-2016, 34th Rank out of 50 B-Schools in “Academic Excellence”
- Consistently Ranked as one of the Top B-School in International Business
- Accredited with “A+” Grade by NAAC, MHRD, New Delhi
- Member institute of AACSB, USA
Our Collaborations Abroad:
- Burgundy School of Business, Dijon, Paris, and International University of Paris, Nanterre, France.
- University of Virgin Islands, USA.
- Northern Illinois University, Chicago, USA.
- Regent Business School, South Africa.
- Hanze University, Groningen, The Netherlands. (MoU in Process)
- Beijing Normal University, University of International Business & Economics, Beijing, China.
- Kathmandu University School of Management (KUSOM), Kathmandu, Nepal