Grant Medical College, Mumbai was established in 1845.The college is one of the premier medical institutions in India and the oldest institution teaching western medicine in Asia. Grant Medical College has been rated amongst the ten best medical colleges in the country (India Today survey 2007). The foundation stone of Grant Medical College was laid on March 30, 1843 and the college started functioning in October 1845. The college has 31 departments.It is a State Government Medical College.
The college is named after Sir Robert Grant who was the Governor of Bombay and played a pivotal role in the establishment of the college. Grant Medical College Mumbai is affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. Grant Medical College is attached with Sir Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy Group of Hospitals. The Group of Hospitals includes the J. J. Hospital, St George Hospital, Goculdas Tejpal Hospital, and Cama and Albess Hospital.
Campus of Grant Medical College-
Grant Medical College, It is located on the 4th floor of the main building, J.J. hospital. It is situated in an area of 44 acres, with 46 buildings, having construction area of 1,08,394 sq.ft.
Facilities at Grant Medical College-
- Class Rooms
Departments at Grant Medical College –
- E.N.T. Department
- General Surgery Department
- Plastic Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Forensic medicine & Toxicology
- Community Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Blood Bank
- Central Medical Reference Library
- General Medicine
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Radiotherapy and Oncology