Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi was established in 1998 by Government of NCT, Delhi. It is a teaching and affiliating University with the explicit objective of facilitating and promoting studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with focus on professional education. The University has accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade and recognized by UGC. It is committed to providing professional education with thrust on creativity, innovation, continuous change and motivating environment for knowledge creation.
GGSIPU strive hard to provide a market oriented professional education to the student community of India in general and of Delhi in particular, with a view to serving the cause of higher education. The University is to meet the needs of the Indian industries by promoting establishment of colleges and schools of studies as centers of excellence in emerging areas of education with focus on professional education in disciplines of engineering, technology, medicine, education, pharmacy, nursing, law, etc.
Facilities at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University –
Schools at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University –
- University School of Information & Communication Technology
- University School of Chemical Technology
- University School of Biotechnology
- University School of Management Studies
- University School of Environment Management
- University School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- University School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- University School of Law and Legal Studies
- University School of Medicine and Para-Medical Health Sciences
- University School of Education
- University School of Architecture & Planning
- University School of Mass Communication
Centres at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University –
- University Centre for Disaster Management Studies
- University IT Services (UITS) Cell
- University Information and Resources Centre (UIRC)
- Centre for Human Values and Ethics
Academic Life at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University –
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has morethan100 affiliated institutes. From those institutes 76 are self financed and 24 are owned and managed by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi/Govt. of India. In these affiliated institutions, 80 academic programs are being conducted with an intake of 22,000 plus students with a total strength of 62,000 plus.