Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is one of Canada’s leading postsecondary institutions. They offer a variety of credentials including: bachelor’s degree, diplomas, certificates, postgraduate certificates and apprenticeship programs. Humber meets its vision of excellence in polytechnic education by offering students clear pathways and the opportunity to build on previous academic achievements and experiences. Humber is one of only five Ontario colleges named as an Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning by the Ontario Government. Humber serves 27,500 full-time students and 56,000 continuing education registrants, offering 150 full-time programs across more than 40 fields of study, along with 200 part-time and more than 400 online programs or courses. Humber’s mission is to develop broadly educated, highly skilled and adaptable citizens who significantly contribute to the educational, economic and social development of their communities.
Campus of Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning –
Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning have three campuses:
- Humber North Campus: Humber North campus is situated in northwest Toronto adjacent to the Humber River and 100 acres of parkland.
- Humber Lakeshore Campus: Humber Lakeshore campus is situated in the west end of Toronto, on the shores of Lake Ontario.
- Humber Orangeville Campus: Humber Orangeville campus is situated in Dufferin County, northwest of Toronto.
Why Choose Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning?
- Excellence: By maintaining high academic standards and emphasizing quality academic programming and services.
- Learner Focus: By placing students at the centre of all decisions.
- Innovation: By anticipating changes in global society and the workplace and responding with creative and flexible learning approaches.
- Respect: By acknowledging the dignity and contribution of each individual in their diverse community through fair, ethical and courteous actions and communications.
Facilities at Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning –
- Class Rooms
- Computer Lab
- Food Court
- Swimming Pool
- Athletics Facility
- Fitness Centre
Schools at Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning –
- School of Applied Technology
- The Business School
- School of Creative and Performing Arts
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism
- School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- School of Media Studies and Information Technology
- School of Social and Community Services
Campus Life at Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning –
Students take advantage of the many extracurricular activities that Humber has to offer. By extending their educational experience to include such things as joining clubs and attending events sponsored by HSF; taking part in intramurals provided by campus recreation or lounging at the new LinX pub they can make new friends, create life long memories and ultimately have a great student experience.
Career Centre at Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning –
Career centre hosts a job portal to full-time, part-time, summer, on-campus and volunteer positions. Their resume service includes one-on-one and online advising with sample resumes in their career resource collection. Career advisors can help with interview techniques, employment and career management strategies. They network with thousands of employers each year to build successful employer-student work relationships. Whether it is summer employment, on-campus work, or student’s first career upon graduation, the career centre staff is prepared and ready to assist them in many ways. Students have access to a program specific employment advisor, who will help them gain insights into their chosen field. Whether students need help with an interview, a question on salary negotiation or advice on networking, they are here to help.