About the Institute
The IEM UEM group is an acclaimed educational group amongst the industry-centred academic training organisations of today. IEM has set sublime standards in addressing the technical and managerial resource shortage in the new era of dynamic globalisation. The IEM UEM group has risen to fame for its strong foundation in teaching and R&D in multifaceted areas. It aims to serve the future generation as well as the Nation through its commitment towards self sufficiency and unmatchable excellence.
Since its inception, the IEM UEM group has surpassed innumerable benchmarks of achievements and accreditations. Today IEM flaunts a colossal network of expansive operations led by an awe-inspiring student force who are the torchbearers of a better tomorrow.
The IEM UEM Group has opened up the doors for young minds who dare to dream. It encourages the spirit of free enquiry and imagination. In this temple of learning, dreams take shape. The educational group attempts to inculcate the sense of human values and discipline in students to make them respectable human beings. It encourages learners to learn, to realize their potential and imbibe the best practices.
IEM is established in Kolkata in the IT hub of the state of West Bengal since 1989 as the first self-financed engineering college of the state, and since then IEM has been socially accredited as the best self-financed engineering institute of West Bengal and admits the best students from the top engineering merit list of WBJEE and JEE Main.
UEM Jaipur was established in the year 2011 by Ordinance 11 of 2011 and Act No 5 of 2012 of Govt of Rajasthan. UEM Jaipur has achieved the awards of “Best Private University in North India” and “Best Emerging University in North India”.
UEM Kolkata is established in the year 2014 by Act No 25 of 2014 of Govt of West Bengal. Being located in New Town, the Smart City of Eastern India and very near to the Netaji Subhash International Airport, the students of the University are exposed to the top corporates. UEM Kolkata has stood one out of the top 10 institutes of India including all IITs and all NITs of the country in the NPTEL program ranked by IIT Kharagpur and IIT Chennai.
Right from its inception the placement cells of both IEM and UEM have consistently provided for 1 to 2 jobs on average for all its students.
- IEM was honored by the Outstanding Engineering Institute (East) award, and Dr. SatyajitChakrabarti was honored by the “Edupreneur of the year” award on February 18, 2017 at the Hotel TajLands End, Mumbai by DNA newsgroup, BBC Knowledge.
- The students of IEM have once again won 2nd prize in aQuest 2017 at International HVAC expo ACREX-2017.
The was a participation of 25 countries and 500 companies. There were 40,000 visitors.
- Students of IEM stood 1st in Research Paper presentation competition at Kshitij – IIT Kharagpur Technical Festival.
- IEM in top 100 of the country !!!
- IEM got 79th Rank nationally and 3rd in the state !!!
- State Rankings : 1st – IIT K , 2nd – NIT , 3rd – IEM , 4th – BESU
Our college – Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata (IEM) has been awarded All India Rank of 79 by HRD Ministry. IEM has Ranked 3rd in West Bengal after IIT Kharagpur and NIT Durgapur.
- IEM achieved the “Jewel of the East” title from ABP group in 2012.
- IEM has received Outstanding Engineering Institute (East) by STAR News, National B-School Awards 2011.
- NPTEL recognizes Institute of Engineering & Management (IEM), Kolkata, West Bengal as a valuable NPTEL Local Chapter with a rating of AAA based on performance in NPTEL Online Certification courses during the period of July-December 2016.
- IEM has organized an International Conferences both in 2015 and 2016 (namely IEEE IEMCON 2015 and IEEE IEMCON 2016) at University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, Canada where researchers from 46 countries participated in association with IEEE Vancouver.
- IEM had organized coding competition in association with This will be organized as an annual event and will be an international platform for coders to perform and excel.
- In 2016 all students of both UEM & IEM have got 1-2 job offers. of students opting for placement 801 No. of job offers 972
- IEM has surpassed all previous records in 2016. In WBJEE, the starting rank is 21, and overall the last rank has increased by almost 3000.
This is also the year the Government of India has ranked Indian Engineering institutions and Universities for the first time and IEM has ranked 79 All India Ranking overall, 26 AIR in Graduate outcome, 3rd State ranking behind IIT Kgp and NIT Durgapur.
- A certificate of achievement and momento was given to the IEM from WIPRO Technologies.