About the Institute
The Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE), Hyderabad, is a non-profit educational society established in 1964. It is devoted to Education, Training, Research and Consultancy for business enterprises in the public and private sector. IPE is a premier Business School in India and is recognized as a “Centre of Excellence” by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi, for doctoral studies. It has also been recognized by eight universities in India for guidance of Ph D scholars. It has developed strong linkages with industry and academic institutions and is the founder member of the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) and is also the member of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Computer Society of India (CSI).
Why the Institute?
- PGDM, PGDM-RM, PGDM-BIF and PGDM-IB are recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to MBA.
- Unique multi-disciplinary curriculum
- SAP related specialization
- ERP Applications
- Capstone Programme
- Dual Specialisation with a wide range of Electives (Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operation Management and Systems)
- Foreign Language
- Computer- based financial modeling
- Full-time experienced 55 members of faculty backed by external faculty
- Provision of Industrial visits,
- Interface with Industry captains
- SAQS Accreditation
- Provision of Rs One crore Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Provision of Government of India scholarship for minority students
- Washington Center Internship
- Internship with select stipend support
- Digitized Library with access to 24×7
- Online databases like Prowess, EBSCO, EMERALD, Proquest, Capitaline
- Provision of Placement facilities
- Handholding through the concept of Mentorship
- Provision of Sports & Extra curricular activities
- Free Laptop
- State- of- the- Art infrastructure
- Fully Wi-Fi-enabled campus
- Provision of Hostel Facilities
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/PC candidates), of any of the universities or declared to be deemed as a university or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India
- Candidates appearing for the final year degree examination (or equivalent examination) can also apply. The proof of acquiring the required qualification should be submitted within four weeks from the date of the commencement of the course.
- Candidates have to appear at the Admission Test (CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA/CMAT)
- Short listed candidates will be called for Group Discussions and Personal Interviews to be held at IPE and at major cities / towns during March 2015
- Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates at the Test, Group Discussions, Personal Interview and consistent Academic Record.
Weightage for Admission
- Equal weightage shall be given to the performance in Admission Test, Group Discussions, Personal Interviews and Consistent Academic Record.
- Located at a distance of 25 km from Secunderabad close to NALSAR & BITS campuses.
- 3.5 lakh sq.ft. of modern building covering all amenities.
- Lush green campus very near to Shameerpet lake.
- 400 rooms hostel for boys and girls (single occupancy).
- The buildings are energy efficient and GRIHA/LEED norms compliant.
- The Campus is networked with Wi-Fi.
- The Library is digitised and accessible for 24×7.
- Auditorium of 500 seater capacity equipped with latest Audio and Video facilities.
- The Library has a collection of over 50000 books covering various areas of Management, Public Enterprises, Information Technology, Economics,Indian Management Thought, Psychology, Autobiographies, Biographies, etc.
- Over 200 International / National Journals and Indian Business Magazines besides National Newspapers.
- A large collection of Statistical data and Annual Reports of Central and State Level Public Enterprises, Project Reports submitted by the students, faculty and research scholars and back volumes of journals and pamphlets.
- An Audio Visual Centre equipped with audio and video cassettes/CDs on Management, Information Technology and Communications.
- The library subscribes to online databases such as EBSCO, IBID, Emerald Xtra Management, Indiastat. com, JSTOR and CMIE’s Prowess.
- Wifi enabled Campus
- 24×7 Internet access to Students
- IPE’s academic, research, management consultancy and educational accomplishments have drawn a few
- international universities/institutions and organizations towards entering into MoUs/tie-ups for collaboration providing for student/faculty exchange, joint research projects, etc., such as International Centre for Promotion of Enterprise (ICPE), Lubljana, Slovenia, Kyungpook University, Korea, Northeastern Illinois University, USA, Monash University, Australia, etc.
- IPE is now exploring tie-ups in USA, Europe, Japan, Singapore, etc. Also, IPE has been accorded the status of Affiliate Member by EFMD, Brussels which puts IPE in the prestigeous league of about 500 institutions world wide.
- which enjoy this status.Monash University, Australia, etc.