Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad was established in 1972, by an Act of state legislature. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University was originally named as Hyderabad Polytechnic Institute, before it was rechristened to JNTU.
The Govt. College of Engineering, Anantapur and Govt. College of Engineering, Kakinada, were established in 1946. Nagarjuna Sagar College of Engineering Hyderabad was incepted in 1965. In 1972, all the aforementioned colleges came under the umbrella of JNTU. Over the years, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University has grown into one of the most prestigious universities in Andhra Pradesh. A number of engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh have been affiliated to the university.
Campus of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University-
Campus of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University is situated in the heart of the city at Kukatpally a major landmark- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad has an environment of academic excellence.
Facilities at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University-
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
- Bureau of Industrial Consultancy Services (BICS)
- The National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Career Advancement and Resource Development (CARD)
- Post-office and Health-care centre
- Academic Staff College (ASC)
Constituent Colleges of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
- JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad (CEH)
- JNTU College of Engineering, Jagityala (CEJ)
- JNTUH College of Engineering, Manthani
- JNTUH College of Engineering, Sulthanpur
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Entrance Exams
- Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad on behalf of APSCHE. This examination is the prerequisite for admission into various professional courses offered in Government/ Private Colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Entry to the post-graduate courses like MBA and MCA are by the scores in the ICET examination.
- Admission to M.Tech programs are based on the GATE or an entrance test conducted by the university with the basic eligibility criteria being a bachelor’s degree in the appropriate field