King’s College London established in 1829 as a university college, is a constituent college of the University of London in the United Kingdom. The College has grown and developed through mergers with several institutions who have their own distinguished histories. These include the United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals; Chelsea College, Queen Elizabeth College and the Institute of Psychiatry.
In July 2006 the Privy Council granted King’s College London degree awarding powers in its own right. Subsequently, King’s successfully applied to the University of London to award its own degrees, while remaining as a constituent college of the University of London. King’s College London is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge, learning and understanding in the service of society.
Campus of King’s College London-
The King’s College London has several campuses such as Strand campus, Guy’s campus, Waterloo campus, St Thomas’ campus and Denmark Hill campus.
- Denmark Hill Campus – The Campus provides facilities for the School of Medicine, the Dental Institute, and is home of the Institute of Psychiatry.
- Guy’s Campus -The Guy’s Campus is home to the School of Biomedical Sciences (also at the Waterloo Campus), the Dental Institute, and the School of Medicine.
- Strand Campus -The Strand Campus provides a home to the School of Arts and Humanities, The Dickson Poon School of Law, the School of Natural & Mathematical Sciences and the School of Social Science & Public Policy (also at the Waterloo Campus).
- St Thomas’ Campus – The St Thomas’ Campus is located in central London, overlooking the Thames next to Westminster Bridge and opposite the Houses of Parliament. On this site is a museum dedicated to Florence Nightingale, founder of the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery now at King’s.
- Waterloo Campus -The Waterloo Campus is the home of the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, the School of Biomedical Sciences (also at the Guy’s Campus), parts of the School of Social Science & Public Policy (also at the Strand Campus) and LonDEC (London Dental Education Centre), part of the Dental Institute (also at Guy’s and Denmark Hill).
Facilities at King’s College London-
- Students Services
- Class Rooms
- Medical Research Council Centers
- IT Services
- Leadership & Society
- Students Clubs
- Food Outlets
Schools and Institutes at King’s College London–
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine
- Dental Institute
- Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
- Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery
- Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy
- School of Global Affairs