L.D.College of Engineering (LDCE), Ahmedabad
was established in 1948 by Sheth Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai. It is a premier engineering college in Gujarat State set with the objectives of imparting higher education in various fields of engineering. The institute is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University and administrated by Department of Technical education, Gujarat State. It is also been accredited by NBA. The institute made a modest start with 75 students for undergraduate programs in 1948, post graduate programs in 1954. At present institute offers 14 undergraduate, 17-post graduate and 4 part-time programs.
The mission of L.D. College of Engineering is to deliver technical programs and services to meet the changing needs of society and industry and thereby contribute to overall techno- economical development of the State in particular and Nation in general and improve quality of life of communities. L.D.College of Engineering will be known for excellence in Engineering education with first choice for all students, society and industry where quality is the way of life.
Campus of L.D.College of Engineering
L.D.College of Engineering is situated adjacent to Gujarat University and at nucleus of various national level institutes like PRL, ATIRA, ISRO, IIM etc. The campus consists of buildings with 64,565 sq. meter built up area.
Facilities at L.D.College of Engineering
- Computing Facility
- Placement Cell
- Post office
Departments at L.D.College of Engineering
- Department of Applied Mechanics
- Department of Bio-Medical Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Environment Engineering
- Department of Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Department of Mathematics & Humanities
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Plastic Technology
- Department of Rubber Technology
- Department of Textile Technology