Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), New Delhi was established in 1916. The college and hospital was formally opened by Lord Hardinge the then viceroy of India on in 1916. Since 1950, the college has been affiliated to University of Delhi. In view of considerable demand for post-graduate students, post-graduate courses were started in 1954 in affiliation with Punjab University and later on with University of Delhi in 1956. To start with only female post-graduate students were admitted, but since 1970 both males and female students are being enrolled for various postgraduate courses.
Presently LHMC is admitting 92 PG candidates. Post Graduate admission will be increased in the coming years to implement OBC reservation. Starting in 1916 with only 80 beds for the departments of Medicine, Obstetrics and gynecology, LHMC has now bed strength of 877 beds in Smt. S.K. Hospital and 370 beds in Kalawati Saran Children Hospital. A separate outpatient block was started in 1958 to cater to the needs of ever increasing population of Delhi.
Facilities at Lady Hardinge Medical College –
- Medical facility
- Extra-curricular activities
Departments at Lady Hardinge Medical College –
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Bio-Chemistry
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Physiology