Manukau Institute of Technology recognizes that they have a special obligation to serve the people, communities and employers of counties Manukau and achieving that significantly improved tertiary education. The outcomes in this sub region is critical to both their mission and to the future economic and social prosperity of the nation. The institute mission is to deliver vocationally focused tertiary education, research and technology transfer that ensures Auckland’s economy, graduates, employers and communities have the capability and skills to achieve their potential.
Campus at Manukau Institute of Technology
The campus is located just 20 minutes drive from downtown Auckland. The campus is set in 12 tree-lined hectares, with large green open spaces and substantial gardens. Parking is generous compared to other institutions and they are close to major public transport routes.
Why Choose Manukau Institute of Technology?
- Friendly, personal and green environment.
- The institute is centrally located.
- The institute is multicultural and friendly.
- The institute offers modern facilities.
Facilities at Manukau Institute of Technology
- The Palm Room Restaurant
- Conference Facilities
- Hairdressing and Beauty Services
- Copy Print Centre
- Bennetts Bookshop
- Disability Services
Faculties at Manukau Institute of Technology
- Faculty of Consumer Services
- Faculty of Creative Arts
- Faculty of Nursing and Health Studies
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Education and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Trades
Schools under Manukau Institute of Technology
- School of Baking and Patisserie
- School of Culinary and Hospitality Studies
- School of Hair and Beauty
- School of Meat Retailing
- School of Creative Writing
- School of Performing Arts
- School of Visual Arts
- School of Education
- School of English
- School of Foundation Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Sport
- School of Automotive and Vehicle Technology
- School of Building and Construction
- School of Electrical Engineering and Trades
- School of Horticulture and Landscaping
- School of Mechanical and Civil Engineering and Trades
Career Services at Manukau Institute of Technology
The purpose of the career centre is to assist student career development in the following ways:
- Career Planning: Understanding oneself and the job market.
- Job Searching Strategies: Learning the tools to find the right job.
- Job Applications: Promoting oneself with an effective CV and cover letter.
- Interviews: Presenting oneself confidently.