Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was established in 1861. The MIT is a private, research and coeducational university located in Cambridge. MIT has five schools and one college, containing a total of 32 academic departments with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological education and research. The mission of MIT is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the twenty-first century. The Institute is committed in generating, disseminating, preserving knowledge and to working with others to bring this knowledge to bear on the world’s great challenges. MIT is dedicated to offer its students with an education that combines rigorous academic study and the excitement of discovery with the support and intellectual stimulation of a diverse campus community. Today MIT is a world-class educational institution. Teaching and research with relevance to the practical world as a guiding principle continue to be its primary purpose.
Campus at Massachusetts Institute of Technology-
MIT is located on 168 acres that extend more than a mile along the cambridge side of the Charles River Basin. The central group of interconnecting buildings, dedicated in 1916 was designed by architect W. Welles Bosworth (Class of 1889) to permit easy communication among schools and departments.
Why Choose Massachusetts Institute of Technology?-
- MIT stands fifth among U.S. universities in U.S. News rankings.
- Engineering, science and management graduate programs continue to excel.
- East Boston Satellite
- MIT ranked third among world’s top 200 universities.
- MIT named one of 100 best values among private schools.
Facilities at Massachusetts Institute of Technology–
- Class rooms
- Sports facilities
- Dining rooms
- Financial aid
Schools at Massachusetts Institute of Technology–
- School of Architecture and Planning
- School of Engineering
- School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Sloan School of Management
- School of Science
- Whitaker College of Health Sciences and Technology
Application Process at Massachusetts Institute of Technology –
- Application Deadline – January 1
- Score Req. / Eligibility – Either SAT or ACT
- Deadline for SAT/ACT score acceptance – February 15
Academic & Student Life at Massachusetts Institute of Technology –
The student’s faculty ratio is 8:1 for Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Nearly, 4,299 students get enrolled every year here. The academic calendar for college is 4-1-4 based. The gender distribution here is 55% male students and 45% female students. The 5 popular majors here are
- Computer Science
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Mathematics, General
- Physical Sciences
Tuition Fees at Massachusetts Institute of Technology-
Tuition fee for this institute is – $42,050.