About MIT Skills
The MIT Group of Institutions Pune, since its inception in 1983, has established itself as a group of prime institutions offering education in varied fields catering to a wide spectrum of population. The group offers the best education in the faculties of Engineering, Medicine, Management, Art and Design, Social Sciences, Schools and many more. Known for its penchant of venturing into newer areas of education envisaging the ever changing industry needs across the globe, it was a natural extension for the group to offer the one of its kind course in Piping Design and Engineering as early as 1994. On similar lines, the CAD CAM CAE course was launched in 1999 followed by Telecom Systems, Lighting Technology and the rest, over the course of time. It has been almost two decades that the roots of MIT Skills were formed. Skill development has been one of the strongest arms of the MIT Group of Institutions and the vision of MIT Skills is to help suffice the increasing demanding need for skilled workforce in industries across all the sectors. With multiple MoU’s in place with world’s leading industries for technical knowhow & agreements with foreign universities for joint courses & certifications MIT Skills anticipates to offer the solution to the crisis of the availability of educated but unemployable workforce
MIT Skills will be engaged into imparting high- end technical training at a post graduate level (post engineering). These training programs shall be in close acquaintance with industries and also with the best universities from the developed countries.
Why MIT Skills
- A unique Institute having a wide spectrum of skill development courses under one name
- Modern and up-to-date infrastructure facilities
- Renowned institution in technical education and professional training
- Programmes offered are industry specific, according to the current demands
- Tie-ups with major global technology gurus like Siemens, 3DPLM, PRAJ, AMDOCS, Intel, Cisco etc
- Excellent Placement records with 100% Placement Assistance provided to students and alumni
- Industrial visits that give the students a chance to communicate with the industry experts and gain knowledge about the practical applications of each programme
- Sufficient exposure and encouragement to students to inspire them to be successful entrepreneurs
- Teaching not only includes specific syllabus but also covers upcoming and ongoing trends & case studies
- Assignments of Applied Projects or Specialization conducted under the advice and consultation of Industry experts
- Week End Courses /Full Time/Part Time programmes for the working Professionals to update their skills, domain knowledge and provide career growth opportunities
- Modern and sophisticated work stations (DELL, HP, IBM) for students
- Personal workstation for every student in a batch
- Round-the-clock, free, unlimited internet access
- Highly equipped library
- Modern and up-to-date lab with power backup
Academic term begin twice a year – Autumn Semester and Spring Semester.
Currently, admissions are on for the Autumn Semester beginning August 2013
To Apply :
- To apply with any one of the centers, you can fill the online application form available on the website. Take a print of the same and along with all the necessary documentation mentioned in the form, visit the MIT Skills office and complete the admission formalities.
- Walk-in to the MIT Skills office with all the required documents. Fill up the admission form and complete other formalities.
- Two colour photographs
- Diploma / Degree Certificate along with all semester mark sheets
- Experience Letter (if applicable)
- Demand Draft / Cheque of the fee amount
Centre for Piping and Process Engineering
MIT Skill’s Centre for Piping and Process Engineering is Asia’s first training institute, which has started brilliantly designed and prudentially structured engineering programs in Piping Design & Engineering with PDMS & CAESAR II in 1994. MIT Skills has been able to recognize the customized needs of the industry through thorough interaction with industry professionals. Their valuable suggestions and ideas helped us make our programs more and more industry focused and contemporary. In the line of requirement of skilled working professionals and considering the gap between the industry and institute, centre offers different industry oriented programs in Basic and Detail Engineering. The centre has proven its expertise in the realm of contemporary and advance engineering training in the same domain since last 2 decades. The magnificently experienced industry professionals and industry emeritus are associated with the centre to transform the engineers in to readily available engineering leaders. The centre is also being extensively involved in conducting engineering training for the work force of many engineering organization within and outside the India. It has potentially transformed the workforces of these organizations through delivering customized engineering training.
Why the Centre for Piping & Process Engineering?
A blend of 3 elements makes the centre a unique abode.
- An art of providing the industry oriented contemporary and the most crucial knowledge in the realm of Piping & Process engineering with the mindset of making necessary changes in the curriculum as per the need of industry.
- Use of advanced, globally & widely accepted software for training in Piping & Process Engineering which are contemporarily used in the industry
- Magnificently experienced working professionals and industry emeritus for training, having lucid knowledge of critical technologies and excellent intuition with students. They offer easily digestible packages of information to transform students in to skillful and industry suitable engineering leaders
This phenomenal blend plays a key role in making the centre unique in the field of engineering training and skill development programs.
The institute has been strengthened with the excellent infrastructure and knowledge-boosting ambience in its premises. It has well equipped software laboratories, drawing hall and software training labs for students under training. A large seminar hall accommodates the students for the ad-on activities like :
- Well equipped library with latest and advanced reference books and e- Library facility
- Program specific software training labs with convenient seating arrangements
- Fully dedicated classrooms with accommodation capacity of more than 60 students at-a-time.
Every facility we offer is completely beneficial to all students.
- Software labs with long-time accessibility for prolonged practice sessions
- Highly experienced faculties and industry professionals for training and guidance during practice sessions
- Supportive material for layout practical sessions.
- Centre ensures the timely delivery of supportive study material and other material to students as and when required.
In order to groom our students with contemporary technologies and knowledge, centre for Piping & Process Engineering has its healthy and long-term association with some of the industry leaders like,
|AVEVA for PDMS (Plant Design Management System) (An association for Piping Design and Engineering)|
|COADE’s CAESAR II (For Stress Analysis)|
|Honeywell’s UNISIM R 360 Design Suite (For Process Simulation)|
|HTRI (For Heat Transfer and Design)|
|The CAD course offered by MIT helped me in updating my design knowledge. I also got opportunities to attend campus interviews which comprised many well known companies. Thanks to MIT, I got placed in Tata Technologies.Vijaymohan V. Patil
|MIT Skills built a bridge between me and my future. MIT boasts good infrastructure and experienced faculties. The training sessions are actually helpful. And the campus interviews gave me a straight entry in the professional world through Faurecia. Thank you MIT Skills.Aniket B. Rajput
|Throughout my journey in MIT Skills, I have experienced good and competitive training that aided me in getting a job. The infrastructure, faculty and the systems are up-to-date, including the softwares. Thank you MIT Skills for enabling my bright futureSumit D. Sitape
|It was the experienced faculty of MIT Skills that guided me to choose the right course amongst the various available courses. Along with the advanced softwares, they also strengthened my basic skills. This helped me crack my technical interview.Patanjali B. Gutle
(Visteon Engineering Centre)
|The highly proficient faculty of MIT Skills makes sure that everyone in the class has understood the concepts clearly. We are also trained in soft skills that helped us crack the technical interviews at the campus placement. Thanks to MIT Skills, I am now placed in Visteon Engineering.Ashish Kotasthane
|After a lot of research for the right institute, I zeroed on MIT Skills. The institute offered me thorough education and also groomed me with their soft skills programs. Thanks to MIT Skills, I appeared for interviews in many different companies and got selected with Tata Technologies, Hinjewadi. Thank you MIT Skills for giving me this great opportunity to build my career.Mandar Ashok Chavan
|I am a Mechanical Engineer passed out in 2009. I wanted to work right after graduation, but I found that I was lacking in domain knowledge that was industry requirement. Therefore, I opted for a Post Graduation Program with MIT. The course contents included specialized domain knowledge, along with proper software training. I am thankful to the faculty members for their support and help.Makarand Deshmukh
|After joining MIT Skills, I got knowledge about various subjects and softwares that were an asset to me and my career. The professors were really helpful and gave us useful insights about the minute details that increase the efficiency. MIT Skills helped me get placed with Hema Engineering as a Design Engineer.Vijay Vinayak Chavan
|I completed my Mechanical Engineering from Walchand College and was searching for a suitable post graduation programme to get specialized domain knowledge. I found that MIT Skills provided the most suitable programs along with experienced and helpful faculty. I gained knowledge not only about softwares but also strengthened my basics. Thank you MIT Skills.Priyanka Shailesh Desai
|I learnt about MIT Skills from one my fellow classmate while I was looking for a course to pursue after my B.E. Mechanical. I took admission in MIT Skills by his recommendation and I am very happy about this decision. The faculty here is very co-operative – right from the professors to the Head Co-ordinator. The syllabus was designed in such a way, that I was never bored. MIT Skills added new colors to my career graph.Ajay Murgod.
|I finished my B.E. in Mechanical Engineering and was looking a right institute to gain specialized education in CAD software programmes.The course provided me with an invaluable learning experience that helped me to get placed in Onward Technology. The faculties were helpful and guided us throughout the course.I am thankful to MITSkills for guiding me with the right career.Nikhil Patil|