National Institute of Technology (NITK), Karnataka established in 1960 as Karnataka Regional Engineering College, is one of such an NIT and is rated as one of the top technological universities in India. Since its inception the Institute has established itself as a premier center engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. In 2002, the college was renamed as National Institute of Technology, Karnataka.
NITK attracts students from all over the country and abroad. The Institute admits students to the B.Tech degree program on the basis of the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). International students are admitted on various student exchange programs through MEA, ICCR, etc and scheme of Direct Admission to Students Abroad (DASA).
Campus of NIT-Karnataka –
NITK is located in Mangalore City along the Kanyakumari-Mumbai National Highway 17 and is well connected by road and rail. NITK has a lush green 250 acre campus.
Why Choose NITK?
- One of the oldest technical institutions in South India
- Rated as best engineering college in Karnataka
- One of the top 10 engineering colleges in India
- Excellent placement record and highly accomplished alumni
- Attracts the highest student minds from all over the country and abroad
- ISO certification
- Very good industry, international and alumni linkages
- Highly motivated and qualified faculty out of which 70% are Ph.D holders
- Dedicated and trained technical and administrative staff
- Proximity to Bangalore, the IT capital of India; Meets manpower needs of IT establishments
- Good connectivity by road, rail and air
Facilities at NIT-Karnataka
- Class Rooms
- Computer Centre
- Guest House
- Shopping Complex
- Post Office
Departments at NIT-Karnataka –
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Applied Mechanics and Hydraulics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Department of Humanities, Social Sciences and Management
- Department of Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mining Engineering
- Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
NIT-Karnataka Entrance Exam –
Following are the entrance exams accepted by NIT-Karnataka –
- AIEEE is an entrance exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admissions in to various undergraduate (BE/B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Planning) courses.
- GATE is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to various M. Tech programs.
- NIMCET is a national level test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programmes.
- International students are admitted on various student exchange programs through MEA, ICCR, etc. and scheme of Direct Admission to Students Abroad (DASA).