National Institute of Technology (NITR), Rourkela was established in 1961. This institute is one of the premier national level institutions for technical education in the country and is funded by the Government of India. Their mission is to advance and spread knowledge in the area of science and technology leading to creation of wealth and welfare of humanity.
The vision of the institute is to become an internationally acclaimed institution of higher learning that will serve as a source of knowledge and expertise for the society and be a preferred destination for undergraduate and graduate studies. The main objective of the Institute is to produce quality Engineers and Scientists in Graduate and Post-Graduate levels in various branches of Engineering and Science.
Campus of NIT, Rourkela –
The campus of the Institute consisting of the Institute buildings, halls of residence and staff colony is situated at the eastern end of Rourkela steel city, beyond Sector-1 over an area of 262 hectares of land provided by the Government of Orissa. It is a residential campus offering accommodation to faculty, staff and students. The campus has all the amenities for developing personal, social and academic skills of the student community.
Facilities at NIT, Rourkela–
- Swimming Pool
- Medical Center
- Banks/Post Office
Departments at NIT, Rourkela
- Department of Biotechnology & Medical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Ceramic Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Department of Industrial Design
- Department of Life Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Department of Mining Engineering
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Department of Food Process Engineering
- Department of Planning and Architecture
- School of Management
Scholarships at NIT Rourkela –
NIT Rourkela supports students of higher learning with financial aids. Fellowships/Assistantships are available to meritorious PDF, Ph.D. and M.Tech (Res) students of all departments.