For more than 100 years Pace University has been preparing students to become leaders in their fields by providing an education that combines exceptional academics with professional experience and the New York advantage. Pace has three campuses, in New York City, Westchester, and White Plains. A private metropolitan university, Pace enrolls approximately 12,500 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences, Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, College of Health Professions, Lubin School of Business, School of Education, and School of Law.
Located on the East Coast of the United States in New York State, the University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate program at three of its campuses in and around New York City: New York City Campus — is located at One Pace Plaza, opposite City Hall in Lower Manhattan. Situated in the heart of the civic and financial center of the city, this campus is impressive not only for its facilities, but as an intellectual and cultural point for one of the New York City’s most dynamic and revitalized areas. Westchester Campus — set on 200 acres of rolling countryside in mid-Westchester county just 40 minutes from New York City; it offers an idyllic and tranquil setting for those seeking a traditional college campus. White Plains Graduate Center — Another campus situated in Westchester County, it is conveniently located near the Metro North railroad station. As the county seat of Westchester and a thriving business community, White Plains serves as headquarters for many nationally known business firms. Semesters begin in September and January.
When it comes to climate New York enjoys all four seasons. It experiences beautiful springs and autumns with temperatures averaging in the 60’s, winters averaging 20-40 degrees and mild to hot summers, 70-85 degrees.
Faculty Who Teach Theory and Practice–
Faculties bring practical experience to their classroom teaching. They have extensive experience as professors, researchers and working professionals in their chosen field. 86 percent of faculty members hold a PhD or terminal degree.
- Forbes ranks Pace one of the top 20 colleges in the nation “that will make you rich”
- The Princeton Review ranks Pace “One of the Best Northeastern Colleges for 2013”
- Forbes ranks New York City “Among the top 10 safest cities in the country”
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Pace University #1 in New York City and #3 in the nation for Best Online Bachelor’s Program
- Lubin’s part-time MBA program is ranked among the best programs nationwide by U.S. News & World Report in its “Best Graduate Schools” survey.
- Tax Talent’s 2013 Educational Survey Series ranks Lubin’s MS in Taxation sixth in the United States.
Affiliations and Accreditation–
Pace University is charted by the Regents of the State of New York and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. The programs of the Lienhard School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Law School by the American Bar Association and Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the bar, and the doctor of psychology degree by the American Psychological Association. The chemistry and biology programs in New York and Pleasantville are approved by the American Chemical Society (ACS). The bachelor of science program in computer science and bachelor of science program in information systems accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET). The baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degree programs in business offered by the Lubin School of Business are accredited by the AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Macquarie University offers a range of Scholarships. Most have a strong emphasis on social inclusion and equity and are awarded on the basis of financial need and/or other hardships. Others factors such as academic excellence or sporting achievement etc are also included.
The University is also a member of the–
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Law Schools
- American Association of University Women
- American Council on Education
- American Psychology Association
- Association for Continuing Higher Education
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers
- Association of American Colleges
- Association of Colleges and Universities of the State of New York
- Association of University College Counseling Center Directors
- Association of University Evening Colleges
- College Entrance Examination Board
- Council of Graduate Schools
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Nursing Association
- Middle Atlantic Association of Colleges of Business Administration
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- National League for Nursing
- National University Continuing Higher Education Association
- New York Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Educational Research Association
- Association of College Counseling Training Agents
- Collegiate Association for the Development of Educational Administration in New York State
- Lower Hudson Valley Council of School Superintendents
- Metropolitan Council for Educational Administration Programs
- National Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Phi Delta Kappa
The relationship between students and professors at Pace is exceptional. With an average class size of 18 students and a student to faculty ratio of 14:1, your professor will know you by name and provide you with the attention you need to excel — both inside and outside the classroom.
What do the CEO of Global Corporate Bank-North America, JPMorgan Chase & Co; former Chairman and CEO of HBO; General Manager of IBM Corphave in common? They’re all Pace Graduates. You will find over 130,000 Pace graduates working successfully in a wide variety of professions, applying their real-world Pace education and achieving their dreams.
Successful Graduates–Student Life
Pace offers more than 100 different organizations: an active greek life including numerous national and local sororities and fraternities; co-curricular organizations including numerous cultural and ethnic clubs.
Living On Campus
If you choose to live on one of our two campuses, you will be right in the heart of things, at the hub of activity- day or night. Pace’s New York City campus, located downtown across from City Hall and within walking distance of Wall Street, Chinatown, Little Italy, and Tribeca offers on-campus housing in Maria’s Tower, an extraordinary 18-story building overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge, as well as alternative housing options in University-sponsored, off-campus residence halls. As a student on our Westchester Campus in Pleasantville, NY, you truly have the best of both worlds; a collegiate campus lifestyle plus all the dynamic professional and cultural opportunities that the New York Metropolitan Area has to offer.
Pace University is conveniently located near New York’s three international airports for travel in and out of the country. Major commuter train and subway lines make traveling throughout New York City and surrounding metropolitan and suburban areas easy. Students may commute to New Jersey, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester county, and Connecticut. Pace also offers shuttle bus services for transporting students between campuses daily.
Merit-based Scholarships are available to international undergraduate students who apply as first-year and transfer applicants who exhibit academic promise. In fall 2013, 81 percent of undergraduate international students received some form of merit-based scholarship money. SAT/ACT scores must be submitted with the application for scholarship consideration for first-year students. For transfer students, merit Scholarships will be based on cumulative GPAs from current and/or previous colleges/universities. International students are not eligible for federal financial aid.
At Pace, we offer our graduate students a variety of options to help finance their education. In addition to Scholarships and student loans, Pace also contributes with work-study programs and graduate assistantships.
The Pace English Language Institute (ELI) offers international students intensive English courses for academic and career preparation.
The Pace Global Pathways program offers students the opportunity to follow an excellent pathway program leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree from a top world ranked university. The program has been carefully designed to not only improve their English, but also to strengthen their academic skills and help them adjust to the American teaching methods and American classroom culture to ensure that they are fully prepared for the demands of their degree program. Located in one of the most exciting cities in the world, Pace University is a top choice for international students!
Pace University has the largest internship program in the New York Metropolitan Area. From the first day of class, Pace’s challenging academic majors focuses on a student’s intellectual growth and starts them on a path to a career when they graduate. Our Career Services team builds on that foundation with a host of support services available at no cost, starting as soon as students enroll.
Placements at Macquarie University:–
The university career services offers various services for the students like resumes and cover letters, interview tips and mock interviews, on-campus job fairs, identifying job opportunities and identifying career positions.