RMIT University, Melbourne established in 1881 is a global university of technology and design and Australia’s largest tertiary institution. The University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in practical education and outcome-oriented research. RMIT is a leader in technology, design, global business, communication, global communities, health solutions and urban sustainable futures. They are ranked in the top 100 universities in the world for engineering and technology in the 2011 QS World University Rankings.
RMIT has three campuses in Melbourne, Australia, and two in Vietnam. They offer programs through partners in Singapore, Hong Kong, mainland China, Malaysia, India and Europe. They enjoy research and industry partnerships on every continent. The University’s student population of 74,000 includes 30,000 international students, of whom more than 17,000 are taught offshore (almost 6,000 at RMIT Vietnam).
Campuses of RMIT University –
RMIT has three campuses in Melbourne, Australia and two in Vietnam and offers programs through partners in Singapore, Hong Kong, mainland China, Malaysia, India and Europe.
Why choose RMIT University?
RMIT has a reputation for excellence in work-relevant education and high quality research. The University’s courses are constantly updated to meet the changing needs of business and the broader community and to provide students with specialized content relevant to professional and personal success in a rapidly-changing world. Whatever a student’s reason for study, RMIT has a course to suit their needs
Facilities at RMIT University –
- Computer Labs
- Wireless Network
- Study Rooms
Schools of RMIT University –
- Schools of Architecture & Building
- Schools of Art & Design
- Schools of Business
- Schools of Communication & Digital media
- Schools of Engineering
- Schools of Education & Training
- Schools of Environmental & planning
- Schools of Justice and Legal
- Schools of Science
- Schools of Computing & Information Technology
RMIT University Research Institutes –
- Design Research Institute
- Global Cities Research Institute
- Health Innovations Research Institute
- Platform Technologies Research Institute
Research Collaborations and Partnerships with Industry and Government –
The Collaborations and Partnerships team facilitates the building of networks and partnerships with national and international industries, government and key bodies aligned to RMIT University’s areas of research activity. These partners are linked with academicians who undertake research projects in line with the partners’ needs. The team also provides support for research contractual arrangements and development of intellectual property, the diffusion of research knowledge and building the profile of research externally to RMIT.
RMIT will increase your level of innovation through –
- Rapid research and development solutions within students’ time-frames.
- Partnerships to access their intellectual capital.
- Utilization of world-standard multi-disciplinary research teams.
- Access to first-class facilities, and a global network of affiliated research centers.
- Their research and development quality processes and track record in commercial arrangements.
- The potential to secure the skills of their trained research students.
- The opportunity to cultivate research students to match their own business requirements.
- The potential to leverage government funding for collaborative research