SNDT Women’s University (SNDT), Mumbai is formerly known as Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Womens University was established in 1916 by Maharshi Dr. Dhondo Keshav Karve. SNDT Women’s University is the first Women’s university in India as well as in South-East Asia. SNDT Women’s University is committed to the cause of women’s empowerment through access to education, particularly higher education, through relevant courses in the formal and non-formal streams.
Today they visualise the SNDT Women’s University as a world class university that continually responds to the changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge. The purpose of such engagement will be to create an inclusive society that promotes and protects the dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all, with special emphasis on empowerment of women.
Campuses of SNDT Women’s University –
The University Headquarters is in Churchgate Campus, Mumbai and the other two campuses of this University are at Juhu, Mumbai and Karve Road, Pune.
Facilities at SNDT Women’s University –
- Physical Education
Institutes of SNDT Women’s University –
- Jankidevi Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
- Institute of Advanced Studies in Education, Pune
- SHPT School of Library Science
- Law School
- Usha Mittal Institute of Technology (UMIT)
Autonomous Colleges of SNDT Women’s University –
- PVDT College of Education for Women, Churchgate
- SNDT College of Arts C. Bhogilal College of Commerce, Churchgate
- SNDT College of Arts, Commerce and Social Studies, Pune
- P.V. Polytechnic, Juhu
- L.T. College of Nursing, Churchgate
- SNDT College of HomeScience, Pune
- SVT College of Home Science, Juhu
SNDT Women’s University Entrance Exams –
Following entrance exam accepted by SNDT University –
- Ph.D Entrance Test (PET) is an entrance exam conducted by S.N.D.T. Women’s University for admission into Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programs.
- SNDT CET is an All India Level Common Entrance Test conducted by S.N.D.T. Women’s University for admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate programs.