St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi was established in 1881 is the oldest college in Delhi. The college was first affiliated to Calcutta University, later to Punjab University and finally with the establishment of Delhi University in 1922, it is affiliated to Delhi University. It is a religious foundation drawing inspiration from the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. It aims at helping its members realize spiritual and moral as well as intellectual and aesthetic values. The College strives to maintain its cosmopolitan and pluralistic tradition by enrolling young scholars from diverse communities and different social and economical backgrounds.
The College has an all-India and all-denomination membership; it has students and teachers from all communities and from all parts of India. There are also some teachers and students from abroad. There is provision for nearly 250 gentlemen and 108 ladies to reside in College.
Facilities at St. Stephen’s College –