Staffordshire University established in 1992, has evolved into one of the country’s most dynamic, progressive and forward thinking learning institutions. Staffordshire University has a long and proud history of providing high quality, progressive and inclusive higher education for people from across Staffordshire, the region, the UK and the rest of the world. They run a number of vocational courses, including a wide range of employer-backed foundation degrees, through their long-established network of further education colleges throughout Staffordshire and into Shropshire. This nationally recognized consortium is known as SURF (Staffordshire University Regional Federation) In addition; more than 5,000 students are studying for Staffordshire University awards at overseas partner institutions based in Europe and across Asia.
Campus of Staffordshire University –
- Stoke Campus – Stoke campus is so well equipped with places to eat, drink and spend your free time; students could easily decide never to venture anywhere else. There’s the Courtyard Restaurant, Dolche Vita coffee house, The Ember Lounge run by the SU and Squeeze Box – the place to go for fresh smoothies and juice drinks.
- Stafford Campus – Their Stafford campus isn’t short on impressive facilities. It’s also not lacking in places to spend your free time. Dolche Vita is their own stylish coffee bar. Food for Thought is an internet café, The Lounge is a bar serving great food and the Terrace Café is the place to relax with some great views.
- Lichfield Campus – Staffordshire University’s Lichfield Centre is a unique partnership between Staffordshire University and South Staffordshire College. The Centre is on a green field site in the heart of Lichfield. The Centre has teaching rooms, computer suites and rooms equipped to a high standard. There is a large Study Area that is open to students throughout the day and evening and teaching staff are accommodated on site.
- Shrewsbury Campus – Shrewsbury Station is situated in the centre of Shrewsbury , and is approximately 15 -20min drive from the hospital. Taxis are available from outside the station and the bus station is within walking distance.
Why Choose Staffordshire University?
- Outstanding 18:1 staff-student ratio ‘good thing for the student experience’, according to The Times.
- Lecturers who are practicing industry professionals, well-connected with people in business and genuinely want you to succeed.
- Ranked in the ‘top 3’ with Oxford and Cambridge for teacher training.
- Law School one of the country’s leading legal education providers.
- Superb accreditations from the QAA, Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board, CIM, CISCO, British Psychological Society and other professional bodies.
Facilities at Staffordshire University –
- IT Services
Faculties at Staffordshire University –
- Faculty of Arts and Creative Technologies
- Faculty of Business, Education and Law
- Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- Faculty of Health Sciences
Schools at Staffordshire University –
- School of Art and Design
- School of Film, Sound and Vision
- School of Journalism, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Business School
- School of Education
- Law School
- School of Computing
- School of Engineering
- School of Sciences
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Psychology, Sport and Exercise
- School of Social Work, Allied and Public Health
Accreditation at Staffordshire University –
Their close links with industry, commerce, the public sector and the professions mean they always up-to-date with the latest standards, requirements and trends. As a reflection of their high quality and relevance, many of their courses are also accredited / recognized by professional associations.