The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
established in 1959, is one of the premier institutions established by the Government of India. The aim of the Institute is to provide meaningful education, to conduct original research of the highest standard and to provide leadership in technological innovation for the industrial growth of the country.
The Institute now has its own sprawling residential campus, about 2255 undergraduate and 1476 postgraduate students, 309 faculty and more than 900 supporting staff. The combined record of its past and present faculty and students along with the alumni spread across the world is awe-inspiring. With the path-breaking innovations in both its curriculum and research, the Institute is rapidly gaining a legendary reputation.
From its very inception, IIT Kanpur has been striving to develop itself into an institution of excellence in education and research in consonance with the contemporary and future needs of India. In meeting this challenge, the Institute has always been making special efforts to recruit talented faculty on a world-wide basis and to admit brilliant students from all over the country by a careful selection process.
Campus of IIT Kanpur
The campus is located on GT road at Kalyanpur, about 16 km west of Kanpur city, on 1055 acres of land offered by the Government of UP. It is a residential campus offering accommodation to about 350 faculty members, about 700 support staff members, and about 4000 students. The campus has all the amenities for developing the personal, social and academic skills of the community.
Facilities at IIT Kanpur
- Computer Centre
Departments at IIT Kanpur
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Management
- Department of Sciences
- Department of Inter Disciplinary
Centres at IIT Kanpur
- Advanced Centre for Material Science (ACMS)
- Advanced Centre for Electronic Systems (ACES)
- Centre for Environmental Science & Engineering
- Centre for Mechatronics
- Centre for Laser Technology
- Computer Aided Design Laboratory
- Prabhu Goel Research Centre for Computer and Internet Security
- Samtel Centre for Display Technologies
- SIDBI Innovation and Incubation Centre
IIT Kanpur Entrance Exam
- IIT JEE is an entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for admission into Bachelor of Technology, integrated Master of Science and dual degree (B.Tech-M.Tech) programs.
- Master of Science (2 years) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, where the students with Bachelor of Science (Honours) background are chosen through an all-India examination known as JAM.
- GATE entrance exam is conducted for admission into Master of Technology programs in various specializations.
- Admission to Master of Business Administration and Master of Design programs will be made through JMET and CEED entrance exam respectively.