University of Sydney, Camperdown/Darlington Campus was established in 1850 as an institution to suit the needs of New South Wales, not simply reflect England’s ancient universities. A founding principle was that academic merit alone regardless of religious beliefs or social upbringing would be the test for admission. University of Sydney is structured into 16 faculties and schools and the courses are offered through these 16 faculties/schools in bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees.
They can make a strong claim to being the first university in the world to admit male students purely on the basis of academic merit. In the 1880s they were also among the first to admit women on the same basis as men. University of Sydney students and researchers come from all over the world and all backgrounds to prepare for a life of challenge and change.
Campus of University of Sydney, Camperdown/Darlington Campus –
The main campus of the university is stretched across 2 inner city border of Sydney namely – Camperdown and Darlington. The focus of these campuses is on student’s life. There are 3 buildings namely – Holme, Wentworth and Manning Buildings and these buildings are in large proportion of the university which provides catering, recreational rooms, function centers and bars.
Why Choose University of Sydney, Camperdown/Darlington Campus?
- At the University of Sydney they offer Sydney Choice – a wide range of dynamic courses with flexible degree structures.
- The University of Sydney attracts some of the best students in Australia. With this privilege comes a responsibility to provide the highest quality learning and teaching.
- With hundreds of clubs and societies, cafes, bars, bands, theatre productions, sports, three sporting complexes, and Australia’s oldest student newspaper, Honi Soit, students will be a part of Australia’s most vibrant and active student community.
- The University of Sydney is a blend of neo-gothic sandstone history complete with gargoyles, cloisters and courtyards and contemporary, well-equipped architecture, offering the highest quality teaching, learning and research facilities.
Facilities at University of Sydney, Camperdown/Darlington Campus –
- Accommodation service
- Health and welfare
- Financial support
- Indigenous student support
- IT services
- Academic support
- Eating and retail outlets
- Religious facilities
Faculties at University of Sydney, Camperdown/Darlington Campus –
- Faculty of Agriculture and Environment
- Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education and Social Work
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Veterinary Science
- Sydney College of the Arts
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music