University of Adelaide, North Terrace Campus was established in 1874. Founded on the basis of generous donations from Walter Watson Hughes and Thomas Elder, they are the third-oldest university in Australia and have always been a progressive, outward-looking institution. For over a century, their graduates, teachers and researchers have been making outstanding contributions to a number of fields. These range from science, medicine and engineering, to law, the social sciences and performing arts. The University is also an active participant in Commonwealth-funded research centers – being the site of three national research centers and a participant in a significant number of Cooperative Research Centers. It is also home base for many specialist research centers and units in a wide range of disciplines.
Campus of University of Adelaide, North Terrace Campus –
The North Terrace Campus is the centerpiece of the University and is the oldest university in South Australia. Ranked number 56 in the world in the 2004 Times Higher Educational Supplement rankings and winner of the Premier’s award for export excellence, it remains at the forefront of Australian and world tertiary institutions. The University of Adelaide’s main campus is the site of most teaching and research facilities. Set in the cultural heart of the city, the University offers excellence in its educational and social facilities.
Why Choose University of Adelaide, North Terrace Campus?
- The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s best universities.
- They consistently ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide, and have a proud history of over 135 years of teaching and research.
- Students at this university gain degrees that give their careers and lives real impact.
Facilities at University of Adelaide, North Terrace Campus –
- Food and Refreshments
- Wireless Access and Computer Suites
- Transport and Parking
- Bank ATM
- Accommodation Services
- Post Office
Faculties at University of Adelaide, North Terrace Campus –
- Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Faculty of the Professions
- Faculty of Sciences
Research Institutes at University of Adelaide, North Terrace Campus –
- The Environment Institute
- The Institute for Mineral & Energy Resources
- The Institute for Photonics & Advanced Sensing
- The Robinson Institute
- The Waite Research Institute