University of Queensland (UQ) established in 1909, is a public university. The University of Queensland is one of Australia’s premier learning and research institutions. It is the oldest university in Queensland and has produced almost 197,000 graduates since the establishment of the university. Its graduates have become leaders in all areas of society and industry. UQ is one of the three Australian members of the global Universitas 21 alliance. University of Queensland offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs that are informed by the latest research and delivered in state-of-the-art learning spaces. Its teachers have won more Australian Awards for University Teaching than any other Australian university.
Campus of University of Queensland
University of Queensland has four main campuses in southeast Queensland: St Lucia, Ipswich, Gatton and Herston.
- UQ Ipswich Campus: This campus was established in 1999 on a heritage site in central Ipswich. The campus provides a high quality teaching and learning environment in a supportive, friendly campus community. Unique infrastructure on campus includes a rainforest inside the library making Ipswich Campus a peaceful and stimulating place to work and study.
- UQ St Lucia: This campus is considered by many to be Australia’s most attractive. It is located seven kilometers from the city’s heart on a magnificent 114-hectare site in a bend of the Brisbane River. The campus has expansive landscaped grounds and many playing fields.
- UQ Gatton Campus: This campus is internationally recognized as Australia’s leading education and research provider in the field of Animals, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Food and the Environment.
- UQ Herston: Herston is UQ’s core campus for clinical health teaching and research. The University operates within the Royal Brisbane Hospital, Royal Children’s Hospital, Royal Women’s Hospital and Queensland Radium Institute. Herston Campus is also the location of the Mayne Medical School.
Facilities at University of Queensland
- Computer Center
- UQ Union
- Child care
- Banking and Postal Services
Faculties of University of Queensland
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Law (BEL)
- Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology (EAIT)
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS)
Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS)
- Institute for Molecular Bioscience (IMB)
- Australian Institute for Bioengineering & Nanotechnology (AIBN)
- Sustainable Minerals Institute (SMI)
- Queensland Brain Institute (QBI)
- UQ Diamantina Institute
- Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR)
- Global Change Institute (GCI)
- Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation (QAAFI)