University of South Australia (UniSA) was established in 1991. UniSA is a globally focused, locally engaged institution established on the dual principles of equity and excellence. With more than 35,000 students, the university is South Australia’s largest and was ranked in the top three per cent of more than 10,000 universities worldwide – in the QS World University Rankings. The University offer more than 400 degree programs across a wide range of subjects including business, law, education, arts and social sciences, health sciences, information technology, engineering and the environment. They believe a university’s reputation is determined largely by the quality of its graduates and are proud that more than 90% of their graduates now in full-time work are employed in professional occupations.
Campus of University of South Australia
UniSA provides accessible education to students throughout South Australia. In addition to their City West and City East campuses in the heart of Adelaide and the nearby metropolitan campuses at Mawson Lakes and Magill, they also have campuses at Whyalla and Mount Gamber.
- Whyalla Campus – The campus is situated on a 22-hectare site in the centre of Whyalla, and is the major centre of tertiary education in rural and regional South Australia as well as the home of the University of South Australia’s Centre for Regional Engagement.
- Mount Gambier Campus – The Mount Gambier Regional Centre was established in 2005. This enterprise represents an exciting initiative for the university, for Mount Gambier and the south-east community and for regional South Australia. Its success to date has been built on extensive, ongoing community consultations and collaborative, strategic partnerships. The Mount Gambier Regional Centre is co-located with TAFE SA at Wireless Road, Mount Gambier and offers undergraduate degree level studies in the various programs.
- City West Campus – This campus is located in the centre of Adelaide’s major arts, culture and entertainment precinct, City West provides a hub for artists and academics alike and an atmosphere that is ripe for the exploration of ideas and the pursuit of excellence. The campus is located on the western edge of the CBD, just a short stroll along North Terrace from Adelaide Railway Station. City West is within walking distance of a range of nightclubs, bars, live music venues, cafes, restaurants and alternative fashion stores.
- City East Campus – This campus is situated in the vibrant heart of Adelaide, just a hop, skip and a jump from the Rundle Mall shopping district and some of the city’s best cafes, restaurants and bars; City East campus offers an abundance of hands-on learning opportunities, services and social and leisure activities to complement students academic pursuits. The campus is located on the corner of North Terrace and Frome Road on the cusp of the CBD. It is also home to nursing and midwifery and the medical sciences.
- Magill Campus – This campus is nestled near the Adelaide Hills foothills in the leafy eastern suburbs, Magill campus has lush gardens and open spaces, providing a relaxed and picturesque setting in which to learn and grow. Magill campus is around seven kilometers from central Adelaide. It is located on St Bernards Road, very close to amenity rich Magill Road. Several restaurants and takeaway shops, a pub, and a cinema are all within easy walking distance of the campus.
- Mawson Lakes Campus – This campus is located in one of Adelaide’s premier developing suburbs, the Mawson Lakes campus boasts contemporary teaching, learning and research facilities; manicured green spaces and wetland areas; buzzing cafes and numerous leisure activities to help you get the most out of your UniSA experience. The campus is located 20 minutes from the Adelaide city centre, on Mawson Lakes Boulevard in Adelaide’s northern suburbs.
Facilities at University of South Australia
- Food and Beverage Services
Research Institutes at University of South Australia
- Ian Wark Research Institute
- Institute for Telecommunications Research
- Hawke Research Institute
- Sansom Institute for Health Research
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Ehrenberg-Bass Institute for Marketing Science
Career Services at University of South Australia
At Career Services, they offer students a range of services and resources aimed at maximizing student’s employability as a graduate.
- For students, recent graduates and alumni they provide guidance and information on career planning, job-seeking and preparing for the workforce. If students would like to see how they work with or current students, please go to the Student Portal and click on the Career Services button.
- For academic staff they offer resources and services to help their staff build career management skills into UniSA programs in order to give their students the edge when it comes to seeking graduate employment. If you would like to find out how they embed key graduate qualities into academic program, please see their staff resources under the Services pillar of the Staff Portal.
- For employers they offer a comprehensive range of services that look to support their business needs. To find out how to access our talent pool or to advertise vacancies, please go to Prospective employers.