University of Southern Queensland (USQ) established in 1967, is a public institute. The University of Southern Queensland is a young dynamic university dedicated to providing quality programs and degrees, and ensuring that its graduates are given the best possible opportunities to succeed. The University stands out from the crowd because it is committed to seeing its students achieve academic and personal heights. While it is a regional university, its perspective is global. USQ’s degrees are relevant and its lecturers are leaders in their fields. USQ has a unique culture focusing on flexibility, small class sizes and support.
University of Southern Queensland Campuses
USQ is a young dynamic university located in three thriving regional locations across Southern Queensland Australia:
- Toowoomba Campus – The University’s main campus is located in Toowoomba, one of Australia’s largest inland cities, situated just a two hour drive west of Brisbane. There are over 4000 students enrolled at the Toowoomba campus studying in the areas of Business, Communication, Creative Arts, Health, Humanities, Education, Engineering and Spatial Science, Information Technology, Law and Sciences.
- Springfield Campus – Springfield campus is located in Education City, just 45 minutes drive from Brisbane’s CBD and one hour from the Gold Coast. It is adjacent to the Robelle Domain parkland and is a few minutes’ walk from the Orion Springfield Town Centre shopping precinct. There are more than 1500 students studying at Springfield in Arts, Business, Education, Engineering, Law and Psychology.
- Fraser Coast Campus – Fraser Coast campus is located on the Queensland coast at Hervey Bay, a forty-five minute flight or a four hour drive from Brisbane CBD. Hervey Bay is a great location, with a superb climate, pristine beaches and a relaxed but cosmopolitan lifestyle. The campus is walking distance to shops, sporting facilities and the calm bay waters.There are more than 800 students enrolled at Fraser Coast in accounting, business, commerce and marketing; health, human biology and nursing; community welfare and development and human services; education; and postgraduate work-based learning.
Why Choose University of Southern Queensland?
- Small classes and personal attention for students
- Students will learn from experts from various fields
- On-campus accommodation
- Students get real benefits from local study.
- The University offers a range of support services
- Flexible in how a student chooses to study
Facilities at the University of Southern Queensland
- Computers Labs
- Wireless Access
- USQ Bookshop
- Sport and Recreation
- Childcare Facilities
- Art Gallery and Theatre
- Post Office
Faculties at the University of Southern Queensland
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty of Sciences
Graduate Programs at the University of Southern Queensland
The University of Southern Queensland, aims to create and maintain a learning environment that provides the basis for the students to develop as independent lifelong learners, become effective problem solvers, and gain knowledge and skills relevant to their future needs.
As a graduate of a USQ program students will have the following qualities:
- Discipline expertise- evidence of analytical engagement with the theoretical knowledge of their chosen discipline.
- Professional practice- evidence of the skills required for effective participation in their chosen working environment.
- Global citizenship- evidence of students’ ability to connect discipline based theory and practice to the sustainability of communities, economies and environments in a global context.
- Scholarship- the capabilities to make a scholarly contribution to their workplace and wider communities.
- Lifelong learning- evidence of independent, life-long learning.